Yamaha 483 receiver

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
i don’t know much about this, not my forte.

I would like the Bluetooth to be better. The receiver is located in a different room and it cuts out with my Bluetooth headphones. I would only use the receiver to transmit, never to transmit to the 483.

It has an antenna, but I can find out if that tiny antenna is on for the WiFi. I’ve scoured the manual and I’ve contacted Yamaha. Anyone know another avenue to try?

I can't say I remember ever seeing a device with a separate bluetooth antennae. The antenna is usually a little snake of copper on a PCB. That little squirrely copper line in the board below is the Bluetooth antennae. The antennae on the back of your reciever is for the WiFi.

bluetooth-module-v2-500x500.jpg

As far as *transmitting*, here is my suggestion. The receiver is kinda mid-range, so you don't have pre-amp outputs or digital outs. Your only line level output is the headphone jack on the front. My suggestion would be to get a separate Bluetooth transmitter and run a long headphone cable and place the transmitter somewhere closer to where you use your headphones. Then when you want to listen to headphones, plug the headphone cable into the reciever (since it will probably switch the headphone mode, when a cable is physically inserted). Bluetooth, in my experience, has been very hit and miss when it comes interference and lag. I have a Pioneer Elite Stereo Receiver on my computer that costs more than most midrange surround receivers and the Bluetooth and Airplay implementation have a *lot* to be desired. On the other hand, my portable Sony Bluetooth speaker is fantastic with the connection.

Reactions: Liver
like this
That’s what I’m doing right now. I have a long headphone cable snaked through the wall, and I use it whenever I need to use my headphones.

I bought some Nura headphones and they are fantastic. I’d like to use them, that’s all.

I was also thinking about getting a dedicated Bluetooth transmitter from amazon and using that.

Back