Yahoo Investor Says CEO Lied About Tech Degree

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dear Mr. Investor, you are lucky anyone even wanted the CEO job. If you don't sit down and shut your damn pie hole, we'll bring Jerry Yang back. Sincerely, your friends at Yahoo.

Activist hedge fund Daniel Loeb says he has discovered that Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson doesn't have a bachelor's degree in computer science from Stonehill College near Boston as the company states in regulatory documents filed last week. He made the allegation in a letter on Thursday to Yahoo's board of directors.

Company will be gone in the next year or two, I wouldn't worry myself.

AOL is still around for some reason.

Haha. Yahoo said it was an "inadvertent error". Yeah, I make that same mistake all the time on my resume. Whoops, I didn't go to Harvard. My bad. Just a typo.

Work experience matters more than a bachelor's degree.

But I am surprised that someone from Podunk U could make it this high.

Yahoo has a good following in Asia but in the US an the EU yea Yahoo is pretty much dead

Work experience matters more than a bachelor's degree

Yeah, but lieing about the degree is worse than not having it. Also (in case you didn't read the article), he's been lieing about it for about 10 years now, and the person who was in charge of the search committee exaggerates her degree too (although she claims it's not an exaggeration).

Puffin' executives, unfortunately not a competence indicator.
When I was in college they hired a professor who was not one. lol. In Business. Multi-Media.
Almost finished a semester before anyone noticed. Taught a good if unorthodox course, which is what he was hired for.

CEOs come in all flavors. What is the rest of his history? What does he know how to do?

Puffin' executives, unfortunately not a competence indicator.
When I was in college they hired a professor who was not one. lol. In Business. Multi-Media.
Almost finished a semester before anyone noticed. Taught a good if unorthodox course, which is what he was hired for.

CEOs come in all flavors. What is the rest of his history? What does he know how to do?

From he article, he was a higher up at PayPal and Visa. So screwing people out of money pretty much. ;)

If youre gonna lie about having a degree for 10+ years, why not just go get said degree??

Back