Yahoo CEO Tells Michael Arrington to “F” Off

What was the context of the discussion please?

According to the article he told her he thought Yahoo was getting away from the search business, and that he thought search was really the area Yahoo should focus on.

She thought he was saying Yahoo lacked focus, so she told him he worked for a tiny company and even that didn't seem to have a clear focus, so 'f-off'.

I really do admire the camaraderie we are witnessing in the Computer Industry. Warms the heart.:rolleyes:

Hah, never heard of the Arrington guy, but having seen that video of Leo's video chat with him, he seems like a total douche, so this was pretty much inevitable for him.

Arrington has made a carreer of pushing people's buttons. His publication, Tech Crunch, is about on the same level as Gizmodo. The trashiest garbage. Some people in media and industry are starting to call him on it. Suck it down.

He's the TechCrunch guy...

Good move IMO. I'm sure these CEOs get sick of media outlets questioning every little thing.

Be glad you don't know him. I know enough of him however to know that just saying he's sarcastic and a troll is being nice.

I like how he raised his eyebrow and pointed at her like he was saying "yeah, that's very mature". Seeing his attitude, I'm surprised Carol didn't snap at that point and shoved her mike down his throat.

There's a reason why Google has douchebag as the sixth listing in autocomplete. Asshole is not that far behind.

LOL, that's true. I went to Google and sure enough it suggested my search for 'michael arrington' could be refined with 'douchebag'.

My take: The idiot is jealous that Blake from MS got the job, that of he really does not like the Blake guy. Of course that point did not come across the way he wanted it to, which lead to his frustration and eventually set a bad tone for the interview.

Oh...he is also pissed about Yahoo laying off people. So, in his mind, Yahoo has no soul in that it fires people at random, hires cut throats to drive up profits and only cares about scientific ways to make money.

In short, he was pissed about Yahoo and wanted to get the point across, but he only ended up pissing off the CEO instead.

1) Who is Michael Arrington?

2) Who cares? I thought the dude was the one that was going to say 'F' because I figured that woman was a retarded interviewer - I stand corrected. No wonder Yahoo! went from #1 search engine to dead in the water - it's run by a woman - and who would have guessed, shes pissed off (and retarded to boot).

2) Who cares? I thought the dude was the one that was going to say 'F' because I figured that woman was a retarded interviewer - I stand corrected. No wonder Yahoo! went from #1 search engine to dead in the water - it's run by a woman - and who would have guessed, shes pissed off (and retarded to boot).

/facepalm :rolleyes:

I hope you're joking.

If not, FYI: she came on board AFTER Yahoo went down, and is trying to turn it arond.
YinYang was the dude that ran Yahoo into the ground.

1) Glorified marketer. Calls himself "influencial". Heads some blogging site.

2) Anyone who cares to talk about stuff and stuff that happens during that stuff. On a serious note, he did drop the F-bomb, just not in the front page video, but instead at the beginning of the interview. And in my opinion, she did fairly well considering the guy's incompetence and complete lack interviewing skill.

Someones stuck in prehistoric times. :rolleyes:

1) No wonder Yahoo! went from #1 search engine to dead in the water - it's run by a woman - and who would have guessed, shes pissed off (and retarded to boot).

Yea man, fuckin women... can't live with em can't shoot em! hooobooy lets get a beer

Is she the same idiot that said "if Google doesn't branch out from being *just* a search engine they will die?" (or something quite similar)

That was one of the stupidest and most uninformed remarks I've ever heard. If that was her she needs to get axed.

Hm...Arrington is a pretty big douchebag, as is evident by his past bullshit. This interview - they both seemed to kind of go after each other. They both sort of seemed at fault - although - whenever the CEO of Yahoo did get into serious mode and tried to be respectful of his smartass questions, he would always have some snide comment that earned him what I think was a well-deserved "fuck-off!".

Anyone who can piss off Leo like that deserves to be told off countless times. Leo is a great guy and I am sure we all learned a lot from him back in the screensavers days.

Back