Yahoo CEO Mayer's Pay Package Worth More Than $59M

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Marissa Mayer is getting a $59 million payday for taking on the role of CEO at Yahoo.

Yahoo is giving its new chief executive Marissa Mayer a compensation package worth more than $59 million over the next several years. Yahoo Inc. said in a regulatory filing Thursday that Mayer will receive an annual salary of $1 million. She's also eligible for a $2 million bonus, and $12 million in restricted stock and stock options that will vest over the next three years.

Wow! Hot, and rich!! I'd let her get me pregnant and support me! :p

I am not bothered with the fact that these tech-nerds (like myself) are able to get together so much money, because I have worked out that it is likely that these individuals will be the source of the investment used to fund the next stage in human evolution, which is to leave planet Earth and to boldly go where no one has gone before etc. This is because Space travel R & D costs in the $100 millions. As it is, at the moment, these seem to be the only guys who have that kind of astronomical spare cash and are prepared to spend it at the necessary rate.

Google employee #20 will be a good little soldier and drive yahoo to the brink of death so Google can come and swoop in and take them over and absorb them into the collective. Groupon watches from the wings of a $6 billion dollar fantasy.

They should see if they can pay 59 million to the first software engineer who is able to make their email filters actually work.

Yahoo sucks so bad.

Back