XVID Video distortion with VMR7 in MPC

Daynja

Weaksauce
Not sure if this is related to my video card (8800 GTS) or not, but I don't know where else to put this.

I'm getting this diagonal stepped line through videos where one side is out of sync with the other. The issue doesn't occur when pausing or going frame by frame, so I slowed it down in MPC and it was even more obvious. Here is a video I took with my camera:

http://daynja.com/misc/MOV00642.MPG

I don't even know what the term is for this kind of problem. But here is what I do know:

It happens in MPC and WMP. It's only SOME xvid/divx videos. Some work perfectly fine.

I just built a new computer last week and this is the first time I have noticed this problem. I have seen this problem in videos that I know where good on my previous computer. In MPC if I set the renderer to VMR9 the problem is gone, but I would prefer not to do that because then it uses my desktop gamma setting which is set very high and I don't want my videos to look like that.

I have an intel c2d 3.0ghz and an nvidia 8800 GTS. I have tried a couple different video card drivers, and I have tried installing different xvid codecs. If I set hardware acceleration to "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations, as well as all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations." the problem goes away but the video quality mildly worse. Anything higher and the problem is still present.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give.

Back