xvid/divx in vista

soccrstar

Limp Gawd
I tried install fddshow, and several other codec packs and none will get divx and xvid and such to play in vista

running visa 64bit

anyone able to tell me how to get these to play in vista? thanks

I haven't tried it, and maybe someone in the software forum would know better, but you could try VLC and see if that works under Vista.

I had Xvid and DivX running on the 32-bit version of Vista. Sorry, I don't have the 64-bit version.

Have you tried K-Lite v2.73 Codec pack? K-Lite has ever codec you would ever want ever... although you dont have to install them all, but it does have them all. :)

Tetrahedron said:
Have you tried K-Lite v2.73 Codec pack? K-Lite has ever codec you would ever want ever... although you dont have to install them all, but it does have them all. :)

i jus checked and i actually have 2.72, i'll try downloading and installin' the latest see if it works.

thanks all for ur replies

Why would ou go through the hassle of install codecs when you can just get something like VLC Player and not worry about them? :confused:

The Donut said:
Why would ou go through the hassle of install codecs when you can just get something like VLC Player and not worry about them? :confused:

the latest klite codec is a no go

i just tried vlc player and it works, plays the movie. why i go thru the hassle cuz i like wmp11 and would like to get movies working in it. i'll use vlc player for the time being until 64bit codecs come out. one nice feature i like bout vlc player is that it'll play image files without you mounting them. really nice. wish wmp11 would do that

Back