XSPC RayStorm Threadripper Waterblock on Ryzen 7 @ [H]

Just pulled the RayStorm Pro off the CPU. Look at that mate! Wow.

5.jpg

Try slowing the pump down. It's possible the AM4 block is restricting flow enough over the TR to let the radiator dump more heat (water spends more time in radiator). The more time a medium spends in a heat exchanger, the more heat is exchanged, to a point of course. Even with that big as rad, the D5 could be over flowing it with just a cpu block in the loop.

I use a water temp sensor before CPU block and radiator air exhaust temp to dial in pump speed. When the block temp bottoms out and the Rad exhaust peaks under load, you are there. Running mine (V755) at 3/5 is good for -1.5C under Prime95 compared to 5/5. I figure the delta will be higher with the higher thermal load here.

Ha you tried the TR block on the R7 haha and temps were like that? wowsers

I have a regular raystorm I used on my R7 and worked perfectly wtih max temps at 4 ghz around 65c full load. I am definitely sure it as probably how you had it mounted hat yielded such high temps.

Can you try and test a EK TR block on that chip? I doubt you will have time for that but it would be fun to read about.

I no longer have an R7 cpu so I cant do the test myself.

Ha you tried the TR block on the R7 haha and temps were like that? wowsers

I have a regular raystorm I used on my R7 and worked perfectly wtih max temps at 4 ghz around 65c full load. I am definitely sure it as probably how you had it mounted hat yielded such high temps.

Can you try and test a EK TR block on that chip? I doubt you will have time for that but it would be fun to read about.

I no longer have an R7 cpu so I cant do the test myself.
Actually it makes damn near perfect sense, the results we got. The block removes the heat so efficiently that the expanded channel surface area does not come into play.

EK refuses to send us blocks to test since we do not publish all its press releases for free on our news page.

Back