XSPC RayStorm Neo Threadripper Waterblock Installed in Loop

The Hailea is an old standard. The thing though is that is not something I would run 24/7 cuz that is throwing a lot of money in power draw at a problem that doesn't exist. Now if you are competitively benching I can see it being put to good use.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-...hp-395watt-cooling-capacity-waterchiller.html

Why not get one of these? Helina HV-300A:- http://www.hailea.com/e-hailea/product1/HC-300A.htm

Not lab equipment, but if they're good enough for weed growers.... Water temp setting between 4C and 28C. At around £300 I'm temped to rip out my two aio's, re-use their two rads and buy a & pump and reservoir :D

Adding something like it to Kyle's loop would never reach the dew point if set correctly but cool that begging to be oc'd Threadripper nicely.

Would probably need something a little bit more powerful for a high end system like Threadripper though. I don't think 395W would cut it for a Threadripper and a GPU, if overclocking.

That's why I have my own kegerator with craft beer in it. I don't have to leave to drink myself blind with good brew. Maybe I'll turn it into a [H] kegerator and post pics!

Fuck it. I'm going to add wireless monitoring to this thing and then post some fucking pics. I could even put this shit on the web and that way Kyle could check the temp before he comes down to San Antonio some time and get fucked up with me.

Not to go off-topic, but YES PLEASE! I want my own kegerator w/ beer

Nice bit of work! (y)
Any idea what coolant temp curve is versus CPU temp curve? Would give us a little better idea how well this XSPC RayStorm Neo Threadripper Waterblock is performing. ;)

Nice bit of work! (y)
Any idea what coolant temp curve is versus CPU temp curve? Would give us a little better idea how well this XSPC RayStorm Neo Threadripper Waterblock is performing. ;)
The setup I have now does not have the temps to show that. That all said, when the CPU unloads, it does not stay hot at all. The block is dumping the heat immediately. Just a seat of the pants observation.

I don't know if that really means block is transferring CPU heat to coolant as good as possible or not. Would be real interesting to see how an Asetek block performs with it's smaller base and micro-fin area.
That is why I did not state it as a fact.

You said "The block is dumping the heat immediately. Just a seat of the pants observation" infers that block is transferring heat out as fast as heat comes in. But there is no data available to support or refute that claim .. meaning your 'seat of your pants' observation is more a crystal ball observation. Wouldn't it have been better to not say anything about block's ability to transfer heat until you have some sort of data to support whatever it is you find out?

Its not a big deal but you are making it one. It's clear the block works and is not a pos. If you want more, you'll have to wait until Bundy gets around to it.

IMG_20170824_120229.jpg

Its not a big deal but you are making it one. It's clear the block works and is not a pos. If you want more, you'll have to wait until Bundy gets around to it.
It's only as big a deal as you made it by saying something many will think of as being good heat transfer, and if I hadn't specifically asked about it many would think your 'seat of the pants' statement means it has good or better heat transfer. Enough said.

I have a hum from mine. Maybe mine is defective? Or maybe my case is just resonating the sound? (I did isolate it with sorbothane bushings) Or maybe you are just drowning yours out with other noises?

The video kind of makes it sound louder than it is though, which is why I tapped lightly on the case for a sound comparison.

It's a minor annoyance, and I can only hear it in the winter, when everything is silent, no fans, no AC, etc. and low system fan speeds (like 500rpm or below)

It's just not truly silent, which is what I was going for :p

Mine is running on its highest setting right now, and I have to put my ear 6 inches away from it to hear it. No other noise in the room.

Back