XSPC and FrozenCPU Have Lost My Business

Just called FCPU, the guy who answered is actually the one I was dealing with over email. He said he had just received word back from XSPC. According to the email (I have not seen the email), XSPC says the 780ti reference layout changed and so they made an update to the acetal block, which compensates for the differences with the capacitors, and that they would be sending FCPU a batch of these new covers.

I was asked if I would like one of the updated covers sent to me and I could replace it, and I said no because I have no need for it now, seeing as how I have another waterblock. He said I could then just send it back and they would issue a refund (and waive the restocking fee). This is what I wanted the most, and FCPU came through. Glad to see they are willing to go beyond what their policies state to ensure a happy customer, and I have no further issues with FCPU. They took care of me and I am happy.

I still have to question why it took XSPC so long to come out with an updated cover, considering how long this design of cards has been out. Maybe I am mistaken and all the other waterblock manufacturers only recently came out with these new designs, but without doing much research I am led to believe the updated waterblock haves been out for a while. Also, with the time frame of almost 3 weeks from when FCPU and I contacted XSPC about this issue and their reply, it seems like maybe it was a long enough time to make an update to the cover really quick then make a batch of them (or just update older covers). Obviously that is just speculation, but it does make you wonder if XSPC only just realized the issue and acted quickly to make amends.

Anyway, my issue is resolved.

TrapPatriot I have a couple of MSI 780ti as well and I'm getting ready to throw them into my loop, first time watercooling GPU's. Are you using a CSQ version with a bridge block from EK?

For good reason. Especially SideWinder.

I've bought quite a few EK blocks.

The only XSPC and Koolance fullcover blocks that I have purchased have given me some major headaches.

EK acetal+copper blocks are fine imo. I wouldn't buy an EK nickel plated product though.

The Koolance 7970 blocks cost me a lot of money due to a very poor mounting design.

TrapPatriot I have a couple of MSI 780ti as well and I'm getting ready to throw them into my loop, first time watercooling GPU's. Are you using a CSQ version with a bridge block from EK?

Sorry, did not see this post until just now. Yes, CSQ version. Not sure about the bridge block, I only have one card at the moment. Can't really justify dropping another $600-700 on another 780ti when one plays all my games at best settings, lol.

Thanks, I spoke with A guy for about 15 minutes yesterday from FrozenCPU and he told me full cover CSQ is the best way to go and the bridge really solidifies the two cards together.

Sorry, did not see this post until just now. Yes, CSQ version. Not sure about the bridge block, I only have one card at the moment. Can't really justify dropping another $600-700 on another 780ti when one plays all my games at best settings, lol.

Thanks for getting back to me I spoke with a guy from FrozenCPU yesterday, and he said full cover CSQ blocks with the bridge was the best way to go for cooling, and the bridge really adds support to the two cards together.

Back