Xpress 200 Crossfire Edition Mobos. Where are they?

mmarsh

Limp Gawd
The Xpress 200 Crossfire Edition Motherboards were supposed to be released in early June, its early July and I haven't seen a single one. In fact everyone is sielent about Crossfire at the moment.

Does anyone know why?

I believe crossfire was pushed back to the first weeks of august. The ATI rep I talked to stated August 11th, but I am still unsure as to when the street date will be for the crossfire products. That could be the OEM date not the retail date.

TrayShadow

Not that I doubt you but are you sure that was the Crossfire Mobos and not the graphics cards? I had heard the ATI r520 Graphic Cards had been delayed until September but I havent heard anything concerning a motherboard delay.

If your right I would wish ATI would at least of the courtesy to announce this on their website instead of stating obsolete and false information as the truth on their FAQ.

I guess two bits of bad news at the same time was too much for them to bear...

it was just from a rep that responded to a question (quite cordially and matter of fact I might add). I thought it odd that I never saw any ATI bullhead boards make it out like the Sapphire Pure (sure was pretty) even though I have industry friends that used them in their mods (Sheldon and ZapWizard).

I was glad that I got an answer, but she definately stated August 11th. Not sure what her source was internal to ATI, but I hope there are no more... delays.

hummmm would they give these boards support for SLI too? i mean if they wanted to kick butt on sales shouldnt they give support to SLI as well as xfire since if they do that itll be more than the nforce boards can do. of course assuming its possible to be able to do that. but just the thought of SLI and xfire capability is interesting. =\ humm i dont know what to get, im waiting for the crossfire boards to see how they perform.

Im an ATI guy, but i love the nforce boards. so im torn between ATI and NVidia atm :( .

Slowly the computers are just becoming ATI or Nvidia >.<. kinda like Intel or amd

Back