XPG SX8200 480GB M.2 SSD - PCIE NVMe - Rakuten $99.45 FS

got one. Already got a 1tb m2 sata, but I wanted a M2 Nvme around 500 gb for OS and productivity stuff and leave the 1tb for games. Haven't found one at this price for nvme. This seems decent with good warranty and TBW and decent speeds. Hard to beat this price 108 out the door.

Wasn't Rakuten known for being a place to get you CC info stolen just a few years ago? That no longer true?

Wasn't Rakuten known for being a place to get you CC info stolen just a few years ago? That no longer true?

Did you forget about Target too? Wells Fargo?

A lot of big names have been hit. What do you suppose they did? They fix it and moved on.

Rakuten is one of Japan's largest online retailer that bought out buy.com and renamed to Rakuten.com.

I use paypal wherever its available. Only place I use cc mostly is amazon. But I still would if the deal was good enough and there was no other option lol.

A lot of big names have been hit. What do you suppose they did? They fix it and moved on.

Rakuten is one of Japan's largest online retailer that bought out buy.com and renamed to Rakuten.com.

Except those are hacks from outsiders that could maybe lead to fraud. What happened with Rakuten was fraudulent charges were showing up within days, sometimes hours, of the purchase. Even PayPal accounts were hijacked. I know there were many here that personally had it happen to them. That's why I'm surprised that somebody posted a Rakuten deal here, they were at one time synonymous with fraud. And this wasn't when they were a small player, they already owned Buy.com when this happened.

How does this compare to a 500gb 960 evo?

It's middle of the pack drive. But I am not sure if one would be able to tell a difference in real world usage. I was looking at the 970 Evo. But for 99 bucks this was a clear choice for me lol. Hard to beat this price.

Except those are hacks from outsiders that could maybe lead to fraud. What happened with Rakuten was fraudulent charges were showing up within days, sometimes hours, of the purchase. Even PayPal accounts were hijacked. I know there were many here that personally had it happen to them. That's why I'm surprised that somebody posted a Rakuten deal here, they were at one time synonymous with fraud. And this wasn't when they were a small player, they already owned Buy.com when this happened.

Let it go already. Hack is hack. I have had this happen to me but cc companies are good to detect it now and notify you asap. Lets not turn this thread in to witch Hunt that it doesn't belong in hot deals because of rokuten. Heck Experian lost identity of almost everyone that's not issue?

Ordered one yesterday and it has already shipped already have a 256 8200 ordered this to replace it..

This was an insane deal. Congrats to those of you that got one. I would love to see a 2tb model at this price per gigabyte.

This was an insane deal. Congrats to those of you that got one. I would love to see a 2tb model at this price per gigabyte.

Yeah I debated for an hour or so but realized this was a damn good deal for nvme and good TBW ratings and warranty. I have an 860 Evo 1tb m2 but it's sata. It's fine but I wanted to get an nvme for os and productivity and leave the 1tb for games. Also throw some games on it if I need speace. But total 1.5tb and still have all 4 sata prots available should be fine for now. I might get a 2tb when I can get one around 250 or less and sell off my 860 Evo.

Paypal wasn't hacked during that event. If anything, it was suggested to use paypal to avoid entering your credit card into Rakuten's compromised payment system.

The reason why Rakuten's payment system was messed up because it was cause by "an outsider" too.

The blame should of landed on "buy.com" but everything happened right when Rakuten just acquired them. Seeing how they are Asians, it made so much darn easier to point fingers and blame them.

Folks have been buying from Rakuten just fine after the whole ordeal and think nothing of it now.

If anything, the Target hack was much worse but you don't see people still flipping out about it.

Last edited:

They also bought Ebates, which kinda shocked me. Ebates bought Fatwallet, so Rakuten got a lot of customers and trickle money from Ebates.

Back