Xperia XZ2 user. Getting screwed by AT&T shortly?

Sergius648

n00b
So my wife and I have Xperia XZ2's and been getting texts from AT&T at they're shutting down their 3G and we'll need to "upgrade" our phones.

I thought they were doing so by mistake, but some testing revealed that the phone does drop to H from LTE when making calls.

So... Anyone else in a similar boat? Dropping a grand on two new phones seems painful.

Your phone is physically capable and has the software for volte. ATT just screwing you over by not provisioning BYOD phones. You might get lucky with support getting it provisioned.

Been reading up on this lately, seems that Chrono is right. I think even Cricket has been playing games lately too btw.

And this is why I haven't tried hard to get my phone working with ATT. I'm not going to work hard just so I can be screwed later. I'd go without a cell before I deal with that shit.

I got the same txt two days ago. I'm using a V30. Since I have a discount through my employer with Att, I will stick with them, but deal with which phone I want from their stock at the very last minute.

Back