Xp64 won't load. Driver issue??

ChaseJ86

Limp Gawd
I just got my copy of windows xp 64 and after I got through the installation and the computer went to load windows, it restarts every time it gets to the xp boot screen. I tried to load safe mode and it did the same thing. I think it might be a video driver issue, but I dont know how to resolve it if I can't get into windows at all. Can anyone help?

I literaly just had this same problem when trying to reinstall WinXp. Try a reformatting reinstall again.

When that happened to me it was because I had loaded the wrong version of my SATA driver... unfortunately you're basically going to have to do a reinstall to fix it if that's the case.

neeyo said:
When that happened to me it was because I had loaded the wrong version of my SATA driver... unfortunately you're basically going to have to do a reinstall to fix it if that's the case.
Same case here.

neeyo said:
When that happened to me it was because I had loaded the wrong version of my SATA driver...
Most likely scenario.
Really couldn't be a video driver issue since you haven't installed a video driver yet.

I was thinking it may be the sata driver too but wasn't sure. I've tried installing windows twice but neither attempt has proven successful. I was reading other forums and they said that the nforce 6.69 driver would work even though it is meant for nforce4. So trusting that info, I used the sata driver from the 6.69 driver. Maybe thats the issue. I'll try one thats meant for nforce3 and see if that works.

Back