XP64 bit the dust?

Typically on my comp, I get random freezes maybe 2-3 times a week. It was fairly infrequent, and I don't run anything that could get "lost" or damaged when this happens, so it was just an inconvenience I could deal with. Tried lookin in eventlogger, but nothing.

I also just recently can't access partitions to my storage array (4disk RAID 0+1); Windows says I need to format the disk. was waiting for PartitionMagic to try and diagnose.

So, I was getting fed up. Then...

Last night, I tried to use my comp, and the following progression of events happened over the course of 2hrs:
1) Booted fine, loaded windows, started EVE, Firefox, was good for 10min or so, then freeze. Manual Restart.
2) Booted fine, loaded windows. Froze while loading startup programs -- BSD: Stop 0x000000F4. Manual Restart.
3) Booted fine, into windows. Froze quickly -- BSD: Stop 0x0000007A. Manual Restart.
4) Boots, Freezes as windows logo appears; scrolling status for startup screen takes forever, then freezes, then restarts 5min later, freezes again, and at this point either quick flash BSD which I can't read & autoreboot, or I Manual Restart. -- happens repeatedly in loop.
5)Tried Safe Mode, but it freezes at "acpitabl.dat"... either Manual Restart, or let it sit for 10min, quick flash BSD & autoreboot.

So, essentially I can't load windows anymore... What's going on? I've tried so many things.

I think I may completely reformat all my drives, rebuild my RAID arrays, and just install XP 32bit that I have. But I'd still like to know why this is happening, or what's going on.

Specs:
Mobo: EVGA 680i A1
Proc: Q6600
RAM: 4GB Crucial Ballistix
HDD: (2) WDD Raptor 150gb, RAID 0; (4) Seagate Barracuda 300GB, RAID 0+1;
Video: EVGA 8800GTX
Cooling: Thermalright 120X, Thermalright HR for NB & SB
PSU: 1000W Silverstone

im going to guess its the nvidia chipset on your motherboard causing your problems, i've heard nothing but bad things about them. if you have the cash to lay out on a new board i would order a intel board and pop it in, run a repair on windows and see if your having the same problems. if its the same thing you could always return it.

my setup is very similar to yours and my system is rock solid, not even a hickup.

Is the system overclocked at all? This almost sounds like a case of a bad overclock corrupting files slowly over time. It would be a good idea to start with memtest to see if the RAM is producing any errors or not. You might want to see about finding a way to test the rest of your hardware as well as doublechecking any settings in BIOS to rule that out.

I had the same problem on my new Intel based PC..... I found that I had a bad memory module... after replacing it - windows (XP64) went bach to the old charming self :)

Try testing you mem sticks using the memtest freeware program - it worked for me

\\\Jens

I wouldn't format just yet. Try Memtest (already mentioned), and if you don't get any errors, remove RAM and see if any of them work individually, and whether or not you get the same error with each stick. You didn't mention whether your RAM is 2x2GB or 4x1GB, so if you've only got two it should only take a minute.

EDIT:

Take a look at this.

Back