XP.. What else to do

Julius

Limp Gawd
It is obvious that my computer is filled with spyware..
I ran msconfig and I see allkinds of foreign names loading up.. like "fykanjo" "bridge" "msgked" .. just to name a few there are many more.. To make a long story short a visitor came over my house and has no computer experience and clicked everything he saw interested and filled my pc up with spyware.

I ran Hijackthis, adware and Spybot.. It finds some, I deleted it and it still hasnt helped. I ran regedit.. and deleted some things in the start up and it didnt help what else should I do? Also I try to run the task manager and end processes but it doesnt show all of the task manager just the bottom half like the where it shows the program I cant click anything.
Also theres a search bar at the bottom of my xp taskbar, I have yet to get rid of .. it says Search the web on it and I believe it goes to somewhere like blazefind I am not sure.

Alot of Popups starts running when I open up IE also I tried to run a setup of it to reinstall it and it says a installation is already in process and this is my first time trying? I restarted it still didnt work.

I have windows XP Home.. could someone help.

Did you update adaware and spybot? That will detect alot more for you.

Webroot Spy Sweeper
TopDownload SpyCleaner

I've been hit twice in the last month...I have found (for me) that no program individually works on everything. And the spyware-bastards are smart...trere's a lot of "mixing and matching" going on. It's spyware on top of spyware; every time you boot or open IE, it re-installs a bunch of crap. I do all 4, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spy Sweeper and SpyCleaner, followed by a thorough virus scan. It takes a while, but it works. Hope this helped!

Back