XP USB will not see my MP3 player, unknown! >_>?

It sees hardware as a unknown device. The thing works fine. Just can't put any music on it cus stupid windows doesn't know what it is. It says windows doesn't reconise the device and places it as Unknown. Am I missing something here? Why would it need drivers when its a MP3 player/thumb drive. Doesn't make any sense. Does the same thing on another computer, like that does me any good. Has something to do with the stupid USB I guess windows wants something thats missing that it doesn't come with. :rolleyes:

Your item number on the pengo site does not match any model number on the pengo site. Wierd

First, verify that your player is OFF before plugging in. Plug it in. THEN turn it on. Then lightly press play.

Is the lock switch unlocked?

Weird... XP doesn't like this or vista. I'll try 2000 shortly. Ok maybe I should have gone with a good old CD MP3 player, big but cheap and expendible. More reliable then this thing. But I'm sure its just XP being stupid or the USB drivers. Strange, tried random things and nothing so far seems to not work.

Fittling with the MP3 player doesn't seem to help. Doesn't do anything when on ready mode in USB. Its Unlocked...

It says I'm missing a driver function for the USB 2.0 driver in win2000. Still says ins a unknown and gets a error when it installs the right drivers. New win 2000 SP4 install too. What? It says it doesn't need drivers thats a joke.

A guy I know bought one of those MP3 players, it has to be off for Windows to pick it up as a thumb drive.

Back