XP USB Mouse requests to install every time

DocNsane

Limp Gawd
For some reason, my USB mice on my computer constantly popup a "add new hardware" dialog box requesting to install. It only happens on this one particular system. (ASRock 939 Dual). The same hardware has no problems via simply plugging them into the USB on other computers. They are recognized as mice/keyboards and are instantly usable.

This proves a problem every time I go to a LAN party and reinsert my mouse and keyboard. I am unable to actualy click though the dialog boxes becuase I have no mouse or keyboard. I always have to keep a USB-ps2 converter with me in order to get past the installation of devices I've used already!

I've spent some time on google trying to figgure it out, but I've had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

DocNsane said:
For some reason, my USB mice on my computer constantly popup a "add new hardware" dialog box requesting to install. It only happens on this one particular system. (ASRock 939 Dual). The same hardware has no problems via simply plugging them into the USB on other computers. They are recognized as mice/keyboards and are instantly usable.

This proves a problem every time I go to a LAN party and reinsert my mouse and keyboard. I am unable to actualy click though the dialog boxes becuase I have no mouse or keyboard. I always have to keep a USB-ps2 converter with me in order to get past the installation of devices I've used already!

I've spent some time on google trying to figgure it out, but I've had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Hey,

Yeah, I had a very similar problem with my 939Dual at a LAN party. I was running into problems with my Logitech MX510 back in the day...try downloading the newest drivers for your specific mouse, uninstalling and reinstalling (if necessary), and try different USB ports. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the chipset drivers for the mobo?

Good luck. :cool:

Back