Xp Sp2?

BigMaxxin

Limp Gawd
some people i have noticed in their sigs are running sp2 of xp, where can i get it, because windows doesnt seem to have it in their update list. is there a beta, or somethin?

When it is released do you think it's safe to grab right away? (ie there are no bugs/ strange things about it?)

I have been runnin the xp sp2 since it came out an no problems. had to configure the new firewall is all.

Since it is in RC1 you could run it fairly safely, but depending on the build of your system and the type of software installed, you may see some unsupported applications....so it's your call. If it's a machine that you use primarily or one that is used in business functions, I would say wait until all of the bugs are worked out and it goes gold :)

Good call - I installed it and initially it only killed my printer driver (Epson 825)
Over the last few days, games got chunkier and chunkier, then Nero freaked out, followed by some other random behavior, so I uninstalled it (at least that worked well) and everything's back to normal.

It definitely has some good points, but isn't ready for primetime- hence the beta status, right?

Yeah, it's a release candidate, so a lot of bugs have probably been worked out, but now they need people to use it in regular comps and see if any quirks come out of it.

If you don't want to face the risk of getting an unstable system, hold off on SP2 until the official release, where they'll hopefully have a few more of the bugs ironed out.

Back