XP (sp2) on Asus P4C800 Deluxe

crazybee

Weaksauce
Rigth then folks I have a question....

I've just got Windows XP (home Edition sp2) & a new SATA150 HD

I've installed it on my Asus P4C800 Mother board & P4 (3.0Ghz, 800FSB), 1 Gig Memory

When i boot up with the WindowsXP CD in the CD drive to install it on the new drive it just gets stuck on blue screen and the words Windows in the top left corner

My question is this? my PC too old to install Windows XP?

Surely it would say this PC is too old or something not just stick on that screen wouldnt it?

XP SP2 will be perfect for your setup. The P4C800 is a awesome motherboard as just about everyone here has owned 1. For the problem your having, it sounds like it is BIOS setting related. Go thru the BIOS settings with a fine tooth comb.

havent got a clue what to look for in the bios as I never really played with them. I know I got it booting up from CD and it tries to do it but when windows screen cones up it gets stuck and doesnt do anything else after.

Blue Screen with the words Windows top left only. I know that it should ask me for 3rd party drivers but it doesnt and pressing F6 doesnt do anything either

Reset the bios. MANY people here have installed SP2 on a P4C800 with no issues.

can you point me where they are?

Cant figure out why this don't work as is. I installed Win2kPro without problems and without needing to put 3rd party drivers in either when i first built this system.

From what i can tell it seems to be stuck just before its going to ask for 3rd party drivers

Back