XP Sata drivers

ep3w

Gawd
Looking for a bit of help here with AHCI drivers for xp-64. I have never used n-lite before and can't seem to get it right. I am using these drivers to do it. I am doing multiple driver folder, selectiong the folder, using textmode drivers and then selecting all of the drivers to add. Whenever I burn it and try to run it though I am getting a BSOD when it starts windows. Disabling AHCI fixes it. Any idea how to fix this?

OK, so your sata controller is set to AHCI, you're using the nLited XPx64 install disc and it's seeing the hard drive in setup, it installs but blue screens on Windows boot?

I would definitely try the F6 floppy method. I have several different types of machines at work that run XP with AHCI enabled and I was only able to get the drivers nLited on one model. Not all AHCI drivers are capable of being slipstreamed or even F6ed for that matter. Some you can F6 but not slipstream. Some even strait up say they won't work with F6 or slipstream. How they got it to work with the base install that shipped with it is beyond my technical understanding. I just don't understand how you can have a driver that can only be installed within windows, but is required to see the hard drive from the installer. It's very irritating and I'm just glad they solved it with Vista.

I can't even get into the setup with it. When booting off the CD it loads all the drivers etc, then goes to starting windows and then just blue screens. If I disable AHCI the cd boots fine. I would try the floppy method but I don't have a floppy drive here. I use windows 7 as my main OS, I am just trying to install it to a secondary hard drive.

? wont installing XP after Vista/7 redo the bootloader into XP format and then youd have to rebuild the bootloader to get back to Vista/7 ?

? wont installing XP after Vista/7 redo the bootloader into XP format and then youd have to rebuild the bootloader to get back to Vista/7 ?

Yes, but thats why I am unplugging all of the other drives before I install XP. Then I can go back later and add it to the 7 boot menu. I like to have a 2nd OS installed just incase something goes wrong/testing.

I can't even get into the setup with it. When booting off the CD it loads all the drivers etc, then goes to starting windows and then just blue screens. If I disable AHCI the cd boots fine. I would try the floppy method but I don't have a floppy drive here. I use windows 7 as my main OS, I am just trying to install it to a secondary hard drive.

It pains me that the F6 method requires the drivers to be on a floppy disk. I can understand not having support for USB flash drives, as not nearly as many people had those when XP came out, but they should've at least let you insert another CD with the drivers at that point and then swap the XP disc back in after the drivers were copied over.

It pains me that the F6 method requires the drivers to be on a floppy disk. I can understand not having support for USB flash drives, as not nearly as many people had those when XP came out, but they should've at least let you insert another CD with the drivers at that point and then swap the XP disc back in after the drivers were copied over.
They are expensive but HP that makes a USB floppy key that has a switch to change between emulating as a floppy or USB key. In floppy mode, the bios can detect and read from it as a floppy. This allows you to F6 and read from it as long as your bios supports USB floppy drives. The benefit is that it's like 256MB of storage plus it's going to be quicker.

Last edited:
Back