[XP] Registry and video card driver problems

xeo

n00b
Hello,

I'm running Windows XP Pro (w/ SP1) and I've recently tried to upgrade my Nvidia Drivers for my Geforce 4 MX 420, so I used Driverheaven's Driver Cleaner and used the Cab Cleaner tool that came with it to remove the drivers that come with SP1. Well I rebooted my machine and now XP will not recognize my video card, I went to Add Hardware in the Control Panel and clicked my video card's name. I received the following message: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". I have tried downloading different drivers from Nvidia's website and it still won't recognize the card, I've used a registry cleaning program to delete any traces of the Nvidia driver in the registry, but it did not help. I also tried going to "Last Known Good Configuration" and that did not help either. Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the video card is not shown in device manager.

-xeo

I tried that, and after the installation is complete, I reboot like it prompts me to but it doesn't do anything. It still won't recognize the video card. :(

And you said theres no entries for it in the device manager? Thats weird. Try.. Unplugging it and using onboard video if you have it. If not, then.. Im not sure.

Back