XP Pro x64-bit anti-virus compatibility

M a d c o w

Limp Gawd
Hey Everyone

What Anti-Virus program(s) supports the x64 bit XP Pro ?

Symantec or ? What do you recommend ? If your XP Pro 64 bit user what Anti Virus program thats supporting your XP Pro x64 bit. Thanks in advance

I have to 2nd the Avast program. I have been running Avast for a 1yr and half on XP64 with no problems. And for spyware programs download the window defender 64.

NOD32 works with x64 no problem, and it is the best you can buy, in my opinion.. Give the free 30 day trial a try.

NOD32 works with x64 no problem, and it is the best you can buy, in my opinion.. Give the free 30 day trial a try.

I tried NOD32 and it looks powerful always an update available for the program. Only thing i didnt like about it is that once you pay for the software itself like what 50.00, a year later you gotta pay and renew your membership. WTF Not being cheap but i rather have a anti-virus program that doesnt charge you a yearly subsrciption fee. What happens down the line you pay for your yearly fee and company shuts down like the makers of DVD-X Copy. and no support after.

Avast does not support scheduled scans.

The best balanced (free) anti-virus I have found is AVG. It is compatible with 64bit XP.

Back