XP Pro... protect

Julius

Limp Gawd
Hey Im running XP Professional.. recently coming from home and my computer was filled with spyware so I went out and upgrade to professional for a change.So to prevent people getting on my computer browsing hazardous sites with out me knowning I wanted to know if theres a way to like password protect Internet Explorer. Like xp or IE ask for an password before letting you acess to IE?

I would just take steps to remove such things as they begin to accumulate, since keeping them completely out can be a real pain in the ass. Ad-Aware and Spybot are my favorites for clean-up.

The Bryophyte said:
I would just take steps to remove such things as they begin to accumulate, since keeping them completely out can be a real pain in the ass. Ad-Aware and Spybot are my favorites for clean-up.
Eh, I would take steps to keep other people off my computer. :)

Seriously, as admin, raise the security zone to the highest, then enable what YOU need. That will help at least. Then run all the other users as limited.

I might also look at installing a different browser ( firefox, mozilla, opera ), which will help significantly.

People were using your computer? You need to learn Windows Key-L. Locks the comp, you gotta long in to do anything.

emorphien said:
People were using your computer? You need to learn Windows Key-L. Locks the comp, you gotta long in to do anything.

good ole windows key L. if i EVER get out of my chair, i hit windows key L. i take no chances.

try using spyware blaster it blocks a lot of active x controls, thus eliminating some spyware

Back