XP needs to be verified....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't try to reopen locked threads.

ESPECIALLY threads about illegal activities.

Yeah, you're just asking to get banned. Anyway, I read the other thread. If you really did buy 3 copies of XP, this all needs to be explained to Microsoft. They have plenty alternative ways for you to prove that you have a legit copy. This issue is really nothing that anybody here can help you with other than the advice already given.

Oh come on guys he is a noob let him off... he does not know yet... ;)

R!P13y said:
Oh come on guys he is a noob let him off... he does not know yet... ;)

Everyone is instructed to read the rules, and they are quite accessible at anytime if you need a refresher. Being a noob is one thing...being stupid is another.

djnes said:
Everyone is instructed to read the rules, and they are quite accessible at anytime if you need a refresher. Being a noob is one thing...being stupid is another.

No I hear you and I know what you mean... first thing people need to do it read the rules and if you don't know how to read them have someone read them for you... :D but really people read them and understand them dont just skim through or think oh they mean nothing

I would quess this guy did not read them though

We listed our house up north on Thursday. Friday it sold. We were given two weeks to find a mover, get everything packed and on it's way to Florida. So everything in the house, including from my computer room, just got thrown in boxes with no hint of organization. Including my three LEGIT copies of XP Pro and three LEGIT copies of XP Home.

So all the media got seperated from the sleeves with the SNs on them. I have had to reinstall XP several times on MY LEGIT machines. Every single time I had a "which CD goes with which SN" problem, I called Microsoft's registration line. Not once did they give me a hard time. I simply read off the LEGIT serial numbers I own. They fixed me right up, gave me a reinstall SN. Once the guy even said "I wish there was some easy way to help you figure out which CD goes with which SN, but all I can think of is to reinstall them one at a time until you figure it out." He added "it won't bother us a bit if you keep calling, it's our job!".

So if this guy has LEGIT copies, there is NO reason for Microsoft to not help him.

From experience, I can tell you that I have explored every option there is out there to get around the activation. Solutions are only temporary. The best solution I found was the last place I thought I would go to get it.

I caved. I paid! Picked up a $60 legit license for XP home off Ebay. Pro was never necessary for my needs.

I've advised close friends to stop looking for roundabout solutions to activation. I've instructed them to get legit copies. In the long run it is so much easier to work with licensed XP.

But hey, if you don't want to activate you can always reinstall every 30 days. Microsoft is ok with it. There's another loophole out there that I won't discuss because rules are rules.

This helps. Think about all those computer you bought in the past that came with Windows. You paid about $150 for those Windows licenses and 95, 98 and 2000 really really sucked compared to the $60 you will pay for XP. XP is a lot better than predecessors. Pay the price, save the stress.

Well, considering you made this thread before that one was closed, you still cross-posted in another forum which is also a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back