XP Home

kycivicboy

n00b
I have an original XP Home Upgrade cd with a valid key for it. I amin the process of building a new computer but the upgrade cd says i have to have windows 98, or Me before i can install it. I have xp on this computer so i dont have a copy of 98 or me. Is there anyway i can install this upgrade cd on the new computer without having windows 98 or me? Or can i get a full version of XP Home and use my key i have for it

Originally posted by kycivicboy
I have an original XP Home Upgrade cd with a valid key for it. I amin the process of building a new computer but the upgrade cd says i have to have windows 98, or Me before i can install it. I have xp on this computer so i dont have a copy of 98 or me. Is there anyway i can install this upgrade cd on the new computer without having windows 98 or me? Or can i get a full version of XP Home and use my key i have for it
no, that's kinda illegal and the point of an upgrade cd.

if you were to buy a full copy of xp home then what's the point in using the key you have already? or did you mean would you be able to install the new full copy on 2 computers and use the new bought key on one and the key from the upgrade on the other? i think that might work, dunno about legality, chances are you have a 98 cd somewhere, it's just lost ;)

Back