XP Folder Redirection Problem

djnes

Fully [H]
My CEO is having a weird problem. Our My Docs folders are set to redirect to a server share, also mapped as the U:\ drive. If you right click on the My Docs folder, the properties list it as being on the server...\\servername\users\username.

For some reason, on her laptop, if I pull the network cable, she gets a message that the folder can't be found. On anyone else's computer, you can open the My Docs folder, and it shows nothing in it. You can create new docs offline, and when you reconnect, you are told it is ready to sync.

I tried blowing away her profile and recreating it...and it still acts the same. I tried loggin in as her on another computer, and it works fine...so it's something on her laptop. Aside from re-imaging her computer, do you have any suggestions on having the "temp" My Docs folder available? I'd like her to have this so she can create new docs on a plane...and then have them sync up when she reconnects. I get no errors when she syncs normally, I just don't have the My Docs folder anymore.

Back