XP Fails to Instal

BinaryApe

Weaksauce
When I try t install windows it will get through all the drivers and everything but when it says "Starting windows" it gives me a blue screen that says STOP: 0x000007b. It says its a problem with the hard drive or hard drive controller.

I tried to start up with no harddrives attached and it still gives me the error.

System Specs:

MSI 975x Plat
Pentium D 920
Corsair XMS DDRII 800
Sony DRU 810A
BFG 7950GX2
2 WD Raptor SATA drives
Ultra 550 PSU

BinaryApe said:
When I try t install windows it will get through all the drivers and everything but when it says "Starting windows" it gives me a blue screen that says STOP: 0x000007b. It says its a problem with the hard drive or hard drive controller.

I tried to start up with no harddrives attached and it still gives me the error.

System Specs:

MSI 975x Plat
Pentium D 920
Corsair XMS DDRII 800
Sony DRU 810A
BFG 7950GX2
2 WD Raptor SATA drives
Ultra 550 PSU

Sounds like the same error I had with a PC.
Come to find out, the memory I was using was bad (ran MemTest) RMA'd the ram twice before getting a pair of working sticks.

I also tried using those same sticks in a different PC and it wouldn't let me install windows either.
Come to find out, the ram wasn't compatable with that particual board (go figure)

Just a heads up.

thndr143 said:
Sounds like the same error I had with a PC.
Come to find out, the memory I was using was bad (ran MemTest) RMA'd the ram twice before getting a pair of working sticks.

I also tried using those same sticks in a different PC and it wouldn't let me install windows either.
Come to find out, the ram wasn't compatable with that particual board (go figure)

Just a heads up.

I have ran into the same problem before and it was memeory also, try removing a stick and just run with one, if it does it again, swap them to see if just 1 stick is bad.

I dont think the msi 975x and the 7950gx2 play well... It isnt on the supported mobos list... Correct me if im wrong..

Although Coolaler from extreme systems seems to be running a colorful 7950gx2 on his msi 975x...

Back