XP/Explorer issues

Big Worm

2[H]4U
I formatted yesterday, before that I haven't formatted in close to a year.

anyways got everything installed again, got most of the updates (or all, not sure) updated IE to the latest.

I am now having an problem which is effecting nearly everything I do online. I keep getting erros on webpages and java applets that are something along the lines of "error: Object doesn't support this property or method"

I would post the line char and code but they are different for each situation, and frankly I get this on numerous web pages from google, to the wifes pogo games.

I suspect its a problem with pictures.

Searching google often brings up solutions for specific programs or single situations, so the sollution seems to specific and the ones I tried did nto clear this issue up.

Please, any ideas? this is getting really annoying.

While I can't guarantee this is the culprit, if you did update to IE7, that's probably the source of the issues. It's a bit tighter in terms of what it will allow and disallow as far as ActiveX and Javascript by default. You may end up going into the IE7 settings and 'tweaking' them a bit, or if the option exists, roll back to IE6.

That's if you use IE6/7 in the first place as your post just said you updated to it, didn't say you used it. Also, it might be a good idea to head over to www.java.com and keep that updated also.

XP doesn't come with Java anymore, it's a required download from Sun nowadays, and you can get it at that website.

Hope this helps...

I did update ie 6 I believe to ie 7.

I am thinking this is the problem as well.

Was trying another sollution to the original problem and ended up with this:
The instruction at "0x7473c7d6" Referenced memory at "0x00000212" the memroy could not be "read"

Looked up the 'instruction' on google, looks like someone was having a similar problem after ie7 upgrade. seems like ie7 is pretty flakey so far and I think this does all have to do with the upgrade from 6-7.

I am gonna try to rollback, anyone know if thats possible, or how I can go back? I dont want to go to opera or anything, would rather just stick to IE for various reasons.

ugh....

uninstalled IE7 now I am back to 6 and the problem is still happening.

If there's no option under Add/Remove Programs then unfortunately the only other feasible way to get it back to a solid IE6 base is... another reinstall. :( Sorry to say that, but there it is...

Well worst case, I just did a system restore back to the day before when I first finished the xp install...

so far, ie6 is working fine again, now I know not to get into ie7.

Back