XP 32 bit on A8R32-MVP Deluxe - HELP!!!!

sabregen

Fully [H]
My fellow [H] members, it is a sad day. I have upgraded my system, and cannot find drivers that will allow me to create a boot disk for the ULi RAID on this motherboard. I got everything all together last night, giddy as a school girl, setup a RAID0 in the ULi boot configuration...and knew that I was going to need a driver disk for XP Pro 32bit to figure out what the hell was going on. However, looking in the motherboard manual, there is a screenshot that shows on the driver disk menu, under "Make Disks," an option for the ULi SATA controller. That aside, when I went into the driver CD menu, to that section, the only thing listed is the Silicon Image SATA driver...no ULi. I suspect that this is because Nvidia bought ULi, and made amd board manufacturers pull the drivers...or something insanely crappy like that. Anyways...I've got this new build, and I just got fed up last night and went to bed. I am hoping to have some answers as to what I have missed or where the drivers exist so that I can see the benefits of $800 in hardware in my games. Specs of old/new system below:

OLD
Antec Sonata
Enermax 470W PSU
MSI Neo 2 Platinum (nforce 3)
Athlon 64 3200
Sapphire Radeon X800XT
SB Audigy 2
2x 80GB Seagate SATA in RAID 0
Plextor 16x Dual Layer PATA burner
Plextor 16x DVD-ROM

NEW
Antec Sonata
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe
Athlon FX-55
2x Sapphire x1950pro's in Crossfire
SB Audigy 2
2x 80GB Seagate SATA in RAID 0
Plextor 16x Dual Layer PATA burner
Plextor 16x DVD-ROM

I have the same board.
You cant make a sata boot disk is that what you're saying?
its early morning, my eyes are still foggy :p
I dont have mine set up in RAID, but I used "emulated PATA mode" for the board to see my sata disks and install that way.
Like I said, its early and I could be answering this all wrong :p

The link that was provided to the ASUS support downloads page only gives drivers for the Sil3132 RAID function, not the ULi controller. Dunan - I hear ya, I thought about running PATA mode, but I've been a RAID freak since 1999.

Hmm I have this board and I use RAID on it, but I migrated the RAID array from an ASUS A8R-MVP. If all else fails, why not check ASUS's site for the ULI driver for the A8R? It's the same exact Southbridge chip.

anyone having this issue, try this:

ULi M5288 driver disk

The only thing I can figure is that Nv bought ULi (because they thought it was good tech on their chipsets), and once the deal was done all ATI board manufacturers had to pull the ULi drivers per the cancelled licensing agreement between the companies. And the big winner, of course, is people like me. This damn driver can't even be had off of the ULi website. That shit is aggravating. Thanks to all that replied. As far as I can tell, DFI published is for their CF edition S939 board. This just completely endears me to ASUS...this is my first ASUS board. Sheesh.

Back