Xotic PC - appears to have 3080 and 5900

nubbin77

Limp Gawd
Hi I am ready / eager to build a new PC. As everyone knows, the new Ryzen CPU's, AMD GPU's and NVIDIA GPU's are all out of stock everywhere unless you count scalpers.
I am not going to, under any circumstance, buy from scalpers and feed that tactic. I'd rather wait a year as much as I don't want to.

Regardless, the question I have is related to Xotic-PC. I know if I buy through them, I will overpay for the assembled system by approximately $500-600 over ordering the parts separately for myself (assuming I could actually obtain a Ryzen 5900 and a GTX 3080. However If I paid scalper prices IO would exceed that anyway.

Question is, if I bought from them, what would be a normal expected build / ship time. And 2) do you think they actually have the parts or after I order they tell me it will ship in 2 months when they re-stock the parts I ordered? I asked them a few minutes ago but it is after hours, so I don't expect a response until tomorrow at earliest.

Wait until they reply, no one here knows what their turn around times are or what their inventory actually is.

Thanks, yeah I will wait of course. I just wasn't sure if anyone here had any experience with them.

In case anyone cares they responded positively at least so I am going to give them a shot. Will be the first PC in 20 years I did not build. I did skimp on memory and SSD and just bought those separately to throw in myself as the upcharge on that was too much to bear. Should have it within 3 weeks. I will update and let anyone who may or may not care how it turns out.

In case anyone cares they responded positively at least so I am going to give them a shot. Will be the first PC in 20 years I did not build. I did skimp on memory and SSD and just bought those separately to throw in myself as the upcharge on that was too much to bear. Should have it within 3 weeks. I will update and let anyone who may or may not care how it turns out.
What system did you get?

What system did you get?

Replacing the Ram (64 GB G.Skill 3200 CL14) and SSD (2 TB 970 EVO). As I knew those I could buy separately cheaper and just drop in. Yes I know I overpaid... but I have the money and this will save me some futzing around time and I wanted something before the holiday break. I think I am still saving (or not spending way more) vs. what things were going for off of Ebay.

Xotic is a quality reseller, I've bought quite a few laptops from them. That said, I wouldn't trust anything they (or any other reseller) says about lead time for a system with a 3000-series card. You can pretty much count on them saying "a few weeks" turning into a few months.

Harmattan, yeah I am getting that feeling. 9 days later, the status of the order has not changed from "ordered"...

FYI, for anyone interested. They still have not started constructing my PC due to lack of parts...

You mean 3080 Ti.

Ask them to confirm times on the build, do not let them sit on it for potentially weeks or months

Back