Xonar Xense Left Right

OLMAH

n00b
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with the balance of my soundcard (Asus Xonar Xense),

Worked good for many years, then i heard cracks frequently and now my right channel is almost dead. This is on the 6" jack and 3.5 front panel only, when i use the 'DVI' 7.1 outputs, no balance issues.

I noticed a decrease in terms of quality as well.

I have seen a post about this card on this forum and tried to replace the OPamp but it did not worked.

Tried on 3 different computers, win 7, win 8 and unnoficial 10 drivers, same issue on every system, seems to really be hardware.

Asus does not support repair after guarantee is expired, and local shops asks me to identify the component if there is one to replace as it is too much time consuming to look for it.

I noticed also a light smell of warm electronics, but even with naked pcb i could not see something leaking or burnt.

Any tips ? Thank you

If it's crackling the cause is most likely the 3.5mm jack. They corrode and get loose over time, especially if you are a good boy and clean behind the computer regularly so the wires get poked around. It's possible to replace the jack socket if you have soldering skills.

Then again it could also be the wire itself getting broken, I would try with a known good wire before doing something more laborous.

Obviously i've tried multiple devices and its the same for every one of them, so no, its not the jack. The crack noise was very loud and lasted about 30 sec then, i lost my right chanel.
If it's crackling the cause is most likely the 3.5mm jack. They corrode and get loose over time, especially if you are a good boy and clean behind the computer regularly so the wires get poked around. It's possible to replace the jack socket if you have soldering skills.

Then again it could also be the wire itself getting broken, I would try with a known good wire before doing something more laborous.

Obviously i've tried multiple devices and its the same for every one of them, so no, its not the jack. The crack noise was very loud and lasted about 30 sec then, i lost my right chanel.
What does multiple devices have to do with the possibility that your 3.5mm socket in the sound card is damaged?

contact cleaner and or deoxit (they have a full line of stuff you can do contact cleaner first and finish with gold in ports for example) + *edit brush set on amazon called K-AS10 by CAIG Laboratories* spray into the audio jack ports and use the brush in there to clean off the port walls and contact tip and then spray down the entire card with contact cleaner and hit it with a tooth brush or gun brush followed by a protectant some versions of contact cleaner have a protectant in the formula, i know CRC makes one, thisll inhibit oxidation

Last edited:
Hello everyone, tried to clean the jack ports, no effects. i ordered new amps, will try this, hope that it will work.

Back