XMP issues on Aorus Z390 Pro

Banya

Weaksauce
I have a 9900k + Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro (bios f12L) and memtest is giving errors in test 6 for 2 different pairs of memory I have at XMP settings. (32gb 2x16 Patriot 3200 CL16 and 2x16 G Skill Trident 3600 CL16)

Currently running the G Skill at 3400 CL16 without any errors.The patriot memory ran at 3000 with no errors as well.

Both sets have been tested on an Aorus Pro B450/Ryzen 3300X using XMP and no manual voltage adjustments with no errors which leads me to believe it's not the memory.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WTS8T2W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N3TXFFX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CPU is not overclocked. Raising voltage to DIMM voltage to 1.38 and VCCSA/IO up to 1.25 did not help. Mostly just wondering if there's anything else that might be causing this

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What rank are the sticks? Going to be single rank or dual rank.
Others will chime in I’m sure, but common knowledge is hot to mix memory modules of different models without expecting some headaches. Sometimes that applies to memory with the same model number.

I'm not mixing them together. I'm testing them as separate pairs (in dual channel mode)

You shouldnt be seeing the same error for two different sets. Something is gimped.
Try running a single module in dimm 2 then 4(or 1 then 3 which ever your mb requires) to eliminate the possibility of a bad dimm. When the error occurs on one, switch to the second module and see if the error repeats. If it does somethings likely messed up with the dimm. You can try blowing it out with compressed air or cleaning it manually with isopropyl alcohol and a lint free rag.
The gskill are optimized for ryzen so that may explain why that set wont run at its rated speed with xmp but the patriot shouldnt have any problem running on that board.

Intel XMP is about as solid as it gets - I run G.Skill in Intel all the time at XMP and it does just fine, so I doubt it's that. Do what hititnquitit said and try individual sticks, then sadly, it may be the CPU if true. might have to bump voltages slightly?

I think I solved the issue (for the most part) Putting the timings in manually instead of using XMP and the Patriot sticks test fine on the Z390 board. Everything's been stable for the last week too. Going to just return the G.Skill sticks since I won't need them.

I think I solved the issue (for the most part) Putting the timings in manually instead of using XMP and the Patriot sticks test fine on the Z390 board. Everything's been stable for the last week too. Going to just return the G.Skill sticks since I won't need them.
I have the same motherboard and having an issue where when booting my computer it gives me an error and reduces the timings so that my computer can boot into bios. I never have any crashes in windows though, this is just a booting issue.

I am thinking the same as you, to set the memory timings manually. Did you also increase the voltage or did you leave that on AUTO?

I have the same motherboard and having an issue where when booting my computer it gives me an error and reduces the timings so that my computer can boot into bios. I never have any crashes in windows though, this is just a booting issue.

I am thinking the same as you, to set the memory timings manually. Did you also increase the voltage or did you leave that on AUTO?
You shouldn't need to increase your voltage but you can bump it to 1.4v to test it out. If you aren't comfortable leaving it there, you can always drop it back down to stock.

Back