XIG S1283 Fan replacement

I recently installed the S1283 on my AM3 and so far love it. I ordered several Slipstream 1900rpm fans for my case and have an extra one sitting around.

Has anyone tried to use the slipstream on a HSF? Sycthe claims it produces 110cfm at 1900 RPM which is almost double the stock fan.

The fan will be mounted horizontally and I know its a sleeve bearing fan. I have 4 others sleeves that have been working fine for years horizontally.

If the slipstream won't be advisable any other recommendations.

Thanks

My Xig's stock fan never even ran. I immediately replaced it with an S-FLEX, mostly for noise. What do you mean horizontally?

On AMD rigs the Xig fan airflow points upward towards the top exhaust. No aft like most other HSF's.

Ah. I read that the fan would be mounted horizontally, but I was picturing how mine is installed on my Intel chip. Very strange picture. :D

Slipstream fans are not the best suited for HS's, they have much lower static pressure than most fans. Some of the best choices are the S-Flex and Gentle Typhoon fans.

Initially ordered a GT but just changed it to a S-Flex G. Scythe puts the flows as m³/h not CFM for the GT. When I convert the numbers the S-Flex is better.

Thanks again for the input!

I love S-FLEX fans. They're all I use now. I used to go with Yate Loons, but they were inconsistent (all came from Petra's). I know what I'm getting with Scythe.

so what would be better for heatsink fan for dark knighr ..stock fan, Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120mm or 120mm Yate Loon D12SM-12

Not sure how good or bad the stock fan is, but I have all SFF21Es in my case and on my Xig. The Yate Loons are good too. I had one in my Tuniq Tower in my previous rig.

Not sure how good or bad the stock fan is, but I have all SFF21Es in my case and on my Xig. The Yate Loons are good too. I had one in my Tuniq Tower in my previous rig.

i noticed that the yate loon pushes 70.5 CFM @ 33.0 dBA vs teh Sff21e 49.0 CFM @ 20.1dBA but the sflex runs at 1900rpms vs the yates at 1650 rpms.

Initially ordered a GT but just changed it to a S-Flex G. Scythe puts the flows as m³/h not CFM for the GT. When I convert the numbers the S-Flex is better.

Thanks again for the input!

You can not go by the MFG's rated air flow, first they are almost always wrong, and second, when being used in a situation other than free air (how the testing is done) like on a HS, the ratings are even more useless, the GT fans wile not moving the same amount of CFM in free air are said to push more in restricted situations, such as being used on a HS because of the better pressure characteristics.

Back