Xiaomi Shows Off 49-inch 3D 4K TV for Just $640

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
How would you like to be the proud owner of a 49” 4K 3D television with some even more impressive innovative tweaks for the low, low price of $640? Pack your bags, you’ll be moving to China. :D

Powering the TV is a MediaTek MStar 6A918 chip (1.45GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-450 MP4 GPU), 2GB RAM and 8GB internal storage, although there is a microSD slot if you need more space. The TV is just 15.5mm thick.

Xiaomi seems to be doing really well. It might not be long before they expand business to the US.

I really like the external speaker setup. It saves a lot of space inside the TV housing and should, hopefully, produce better sound than a lot of internal speakers.

I dont even need the speakers. Just gimme the TV, and I can do the rest LOL

Sounds like you get what you pay for? I did not read the article but, that is the first thought that came to mind.

Would be a pretty sweet deal if it could be available locally, wonder what inputs it has and what the refresh rate would be.

Sounds like you get what you pay for? I did not read the article but, that is the first thought that came to mind.

Yeah. Everyone was going nuts over the 4K Seiki TVs when they were first announced too. Look how underwhelming those turned out to be.

Likewise with the 28" 4K monitors <$1000. Also turned out to be mediocre.

Fancy new tech doesn't just suddenly plummet in price without sacrifices.

Saw that earlier. The last thing I want my tv to run is Android. Might as well install an anal probe.

Price is good, though. Less than 2cm thick is also good.

Saw that earlier. The last thing I want my tv to run is Android. Might as well install an anal probe.
Because a proprietary OS running the TV's extra features is better? :p

Once net streaming (Netflix, etc) and other *useful* apps started coming with TVs, it's going to use some kind of OS or another. Using Android is actually great, considering all the other extra functionality that can be added to the TV without necessarily using additional hardware. Think streaming from LAN to TV and other uses.

Yeah. Everyone was going nuts over the 4K Seiki TVs when they were first announced too. Look how underwhelming those turned out to be.

Likewise with the 28" 4K monitors <$1000. Also turned out to be mediocre.

Fancy new tech doesn't just suddenly plummet in price without sacrifices.

The Samsung monitor is actually quite nice for the price.

That pesky content bugaboo rears its head, but for the size that's borderline insane pricing. OTOH, while I haven't seen that much in the way of real problems with the existing lower-end 4K displays that are out there, I do wonder how sturdy this one is/will be.

Back