XIAOMI MINOTE10PRO vs HUAWEI MATE30 vs NOKIA 808 vs PANASONIC CM1 vs SONY RX0II vs RICOH GRIII

spacedrone808

Limp Gawd
IMG_20191221_094717.jpg

updated 2020-02-19: Added Samsung S20 Ultra

COMPREHENSIVE & NON-PREPAID TEST OF PORTABLE LARGE SENSOR DEVICES: 1/1.54", 1/1.33", 1/1.2", 1", APS-C.
Sony RX0 II and Ricoh GR III are provided just for comparision.

https://spacedrone808.blogspot.com/2019/12/xiaomi-mi-note-10-8p-pro-vs-huawei-mate.html

It would be interesting yo hear your words of wisdom regarding the topic!

Ps iphone 11 is not included due to tiny sized sensor [1/2.55" and ugly compute processing, which is definetly in pubertal condition]

Last edited:
View attachment 215145

COMPREHENSIVE & NON-PREPAID TEST OF PORTABLE LARGE SENSOR DEVICES: 1/1.54", 1/1.33", 1/1.2", 1", APS-C.
Sony RX0 II and Ricoh GR III are provided just for comparision.

https://spacedrone808.blogspot.com/2019/12/xiaomi-mi-note-10-8p-pro-vs-huawei-mate.html

It would be interesting yo hear your words of wisdom regarding the topic!

Ps iphone 11 is not included due to tiny sized sensor [1/2.55" and ugly compute processing, which is definetly in pubertal condition]

If I were to pass on the wisdom of the elders, it'd go like, "Turn your damn CAPS Lock key off."

WHY I DON'T CONSIDER 1/2.55" SENSORS?
I'LL SHOW YOU WHY:

1/1.2"
2020-01-12-1145-808.jpg

1/2.55"
IMG_20200112_105052-mimax.jpg

Hope that you see the difference.

First, in fairness, there are plenty of reviews out there for smartphone cameras. Your review is one of the few that goes in depth into zooming in deep into photos, which is not something most people take photos for. So I thank you for your contribution into a very niche space. I’m just not one in the target audience.

Next, because everything is a compromise. There are no perfect cameras... your words not mine.

Since I would not be zooming into a photo taken from a point and shoot to examine the fine details, I care more about how the photo look as a whole.

Do I have pro-camera with lenses? Yes.

Would I consider my iPhone in the same category? Sometimes depending on usage. My iPhone takes better videos. And I have a beastgrip which allows me to use some of my lenses to film videos with my iPhone. But if I’m taking special event still photos, I’m sure not going to use an iPhone.

And I have my iPhone in my pocket most of the time... Nokia 808 was a great phone, but that phone ain’t secure or fast enough too be in my pocket. But I hope you keep enjoying your Nokia 808 and tell us how ahead of its time it was in terms photography. Too bad Symbian sucked and Microsoft fucked up Windows Phone.

Wish I could get the Xiaomi onto Verizon in the US. I'd take the photos in the 108mp setting. They look like an acceptable trade off. I can see the oversharpenning, but the general increase in detail is an acceptable trade off. Can it take 108mp photos in raw?

No, it can't. In Raw: 27mpix. Amount of captured detail can't be compared with modded N808.

Added hands-on preview test: Samsung S20 Ultra vs Nokia 808.
Check the link in the first post.

DETAIL: Nokia 808.
S/N RATIO: Nokia 808.
DYNAMIC RANGE: Samsung S20 Ultra

Back