XFX Triple Monitor Stand

I can't imagine anyone buying this when they could just use the stands that come with the monitors to begin with, it's not like this is a wall mount or something else that isn't included.

I can't imagine anyone buying this when they could just use the stands that come with the monitors to begin with, it's not like this is a wall mount or something else that isn't included.

Well using a single stand for triple monitors saves a ton of desk space. The real issue I see is that there are competing products for much less. I just priced out my Chief KTA325B/KTA1028B/KTA1002B setup on buy.com for $225. The stand on the XFX model here takes up a ton more desk space and the only advantage I see is that it gives you a couple USB and audio ports.

Well using a single stand for triple monitors saves a ton of desk space. The real issue I see is that there are competing products for much less. I just priced out my Chief KTA325B/KTA1028B/KTA1002B setup on buy.com for $225. The stand on the XFX model here takes up a ton more desk space and the only advantage I see is that it gives you a couple USB and audio ports.

But it supports 24" and most others MAX at 22.

That stand base is absolutely massive. Look at how much wider it is than a 24" monitor.

Anybody know of a good 3+1 stand? I want to have my fourth over the top of the 3x landscape without using a wall mount or stacking it on another tower. I also want to be able to go completely flat with the landscape if possible.

Anybody know of a good 3+1 stand? I want to have my fourth over the top of the 3x landscape without using a wall mount or stacking it on another tower. I also want to be able to go completely flat with the landscape if possible.

The Chief stand I listed above has a taller pole available that would allow you to use 2 arms for up to 6x 24" monitors if you wanted. The 28" pole may work as well, if you lower the bottom set of monitors far enough, but I haven't measured or anything to confirm.

Check out Tyke supply, they don't specifically have a 3+1, but they do have triples (horizontal and vertical) as well as hexes, so I'm sure they could put together the parts you need. Doesn't hurt that they're priced very reasonably and built like tanks.

Edit:
Here's their hex stand, 28" pole with two double-link swing arms, $95.
http://www.tykesupply.com/Products_6_HEX_LCD_Monitor_Stand.html
The description claims to only support up to 21" monitors, but comparing the arm lengths to their standard triple stand, I suspect you could fit up to 24's on it no problem. The Hex stand above has a 48" arm span while their standard triple stand (also claims to support up to 21" monitors) has a 36" arm span. Just fold back the top set of arms until you've found an excuse to run a hex setup :D

Last edited:
my wife and I have the same monitors and choise of setup for our 24"...we think it gives us a lot of flexibilty ...the center monitor on it's stock stand and these arms on each side

DSCF6803.jpg

DSCF6802.jpg

DSCF6801.jpg

my wife and I have the same monitors and choise of setup for our 24"...we think it gives us a lot of flexibilty ...the center monitor on it's stock stand and these arms on each side

I'm looking for a cheaper solution for my triple monitor setup. What brand and how much were those silver arms you used?

Last edited:
yep i got email about this too, but as soon as i read the price, i closed the window and just before that i thought to myself i can build freaking same thing (not as sexy looking) but something that'll do the job for about $50 or so from parts and and hour of work.

If I were you, I'd build one. Look someone up on craigslist with a metal shop and do some yard work or something in return for some help doing the project. materials won't be much at all, comparatively speaking ($75+), and you'll be able to make it however you want.

I met a guy in a community college art welding class that I took for kicks, and now I can send him plans for projects and he can have then run up at the factory he works at, or at the very least, help me build it at his shop in return for housework etc.

Back