XFX support webpage screwed up?

DraginDime

[H]ard|Gawd
Is anyone else having issues with xfx's support site? I am trying to log in to my account but it's acting like I don't have one. The text on the page seems almost like a fake site. I'm trying to get the code to transfer the lifetime warranty from a card I just sold. It's been this way for a few days for me.

i belive a XFX rep posted here not to long ago saying that thier support site is getting completley revamped. Dont know if that still the case or not.
Edit:
tl;dr: xfx support/RMA server is down, use [email protected] for now.

Hey Guys, as of today XFX will be updating our support and RMA software. We expect this process to be quick and efficient, but since the scale of the operation is so large, we are redirecting our support to a temporary backup system. We expect to leave this system up for at least 1 week, even after the primary system is restored.

If you have any old or new customer support issues, please send an email and contact us at the [email protected].

As always, you are welcome to PM me for direct support as well.

Thank you.

I must have over looked that. I noticed they were doing work a few weeks back I think, but the entire site was showing it was down then.

Thanks for the info though.

Is anyone else having issues with xfx's support site? I am trying to log in to my account but it's acting like I don't have one. The text on the page seems almost like a fake site. I'm trying to get the code to transfer the lifetime warranty from a card I just sold. It's been this way for a few days for me.

I've had a similar problem, the new site requested that I make a new acct. It said my original didn't exist, I did, but none of my registered products were listed. I'm hoping this is resolved because I would hate to lose my warranties. *Really Sweating over here*

I've had a similar problem, the new site requested that I make a new acct. It said my original didn't exist, I did, but none of my registered products were listed. I'm hoping this is resolved because I would hate to lose my warranties. *Really Sweating over here*

Hey guys, dont worry about the warranties, i have already received confirmation that all serial numbers history is archived for reference and hopefully will be implemented for end-users as well.

As of Monday, April 8th, we are live again with a new ticket and support system. We are currently in the process of debugging it and making it more user friendly.

As always, contact me by PM me on [H]ard if you have any account questions or RMA concerns.

So I guess the question is, are we going to need to create new accounts? Or should we hold out a few more days?

So I guess the question is, are we going to need to create new accounts? Or should we hold out a few more days?

I was able to get in using my previous account: I used my email address for both the username and email address fields. The old system just had one field I think.
I used that to request a password reset since my old password wasn't working.
Now I can get in with the reset password.

A couple of things:
My RMA is listed but not the corresponding support ticket.
The country drop down does not include Canada.
The site is *very* rough...lots of work still to do.

I was worried too since I haven't heard anything since my 7970 was delivered to them on April 1st...not a nice feeling when the support site is just gone and so is my video card.

I'm still a bit concerned. I created the new account with the same email address that was tied with my previous and with the same password. But none of my cards are listed that I had registered. I have sent a emails to helpdesk and have had no replies as of yet. If someone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem here.
I tried to login as I always had with my email and password and it says user doesn't exist.
I tried password reset suggestion above but it didn't work - user doesn't exist error.
I tried to register to create a new account again but couldn't because Canada isn't listed on the countries drop down.
So no solution yet ..

I was able to get in using my previous account: I used my email address for both the username and email address fields. The old system just had one field I think.
I used that to request a password reset since my old password wasn't working.
Now I can get in with the reset password.

A couple of things:
My RMA is listed but not the corresponding support ticket.
The country drop down does not include Canada.
The site is *very* rough...lots of work still to do.

I was worried too since I haven't heard anything since my 7970 was delivered to them on April 1st...not a nice feeling when the support site is just gone and so is my video card.

I will give that a try and see if that works. If not I'll just give them some more time. The support page does feel like it's still in it's early stages of development. Looks pretty generic at the moment. I figure they will have it on par with the rest of their site when it's done (which is hopefully soon)

I keep asking about RMA status, I got a canned response to log into the new support site. The new support site besides being horrible to navigate doesn't even list my RMA. They've had my card close to three weeks now, should I consider it lost and me formally screwed over?

I keep asking about RMA status, I got a canned response to log into the new support site. The new support site besides being horrible to navigate doesn't even list my RMA. They've had my card close to three weeks now, should I consider it lost and me formally screwed over?

You should PM the rep here and see if he can give you a hand. That would be all I know to do.

I also tried to recover my password to my account and it said my account doesn't exist. So I'm going to play the waiting game.

He only gave me a general response, not specific to my RMA. Told me about getting me a tracking number last week in case it had been shipped out, never got anything.

I'm going to bump this.

They've also had my 7970 for 3 weeks.

I've submitted requests through their new support site, emailed [email protected] and PM'd the rep here(who did respond to me) but I still don't have an actual update about what is happening with my card.

Even if the update is that I'm screwed out if $400, at least that's some kind of closure.

Well, they are still there, you just can't use the support site.

I emailed [email protected] 7 days ago after trying to send several messages through the support site and finally got a response yesterday saying that there were issues during the support upgrade. I got another one today asking for my address because they are ready to ship my card back.
They have had my 7970 for almost a month without an update.

I'm glad it looks like I will be getting a card back(let's hope it works) but I it will be easy enough for me to not let this happen again in the future.

Mistakes happen XFX, but ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
"We're working on it" should have been front page news. At least update your facebook page since it is the first hit when you google "xfx support" and all you see are posts of people wondering what the fuck is going on.

Got this email from their email support. I ended up having to create a new account.

Registering and requesting an RMA on the new system.

Step 1. Visit xfxsupport.com and enter your account. The verification code is a math problem, the "?" is the answer. So 2 ? = 5 means that ? = 3, and 3 is what you enter for the verification code.

If you have an existing account that hasn"t been migrated, simply reset the password and start over, we will update your information soon. (enter your email in both fields for password reset)

Step 2. Click the drop down menu, and go to [301] Register a product.
Register your products or at least the cards you want RMA'd/serviced.
If you don"t have your PAC available, you will need to get it (door hanger)
Remember, the PAC has all Letter O's, no Zeros. Some new serial numbers start with a Letter O, not a number zero.

-PAC requirements have been removed, email the helpdesk for help recovering your PAC if needed. [email protected]

Step 3. Drop down menu, [306]- Update all your account information, we will not sell your information, it's for RMA shipping purposes, that is all. Enter all fields, No Fax#? Enter NA.

Step 4. CREATE A TICKET- Go to the drop down menu, [307]. Find your product and to the Right, click the "Ticket" , read the FAQ"s, if none apply, fill out a ticket.

Thanks for that info. I was finally able to get in there. Still doesn't have any of my cards listed. But I will figure that out later this evening.

The support page does look a lot nicer now. One thing that kept screwing me up is for the verification box, I was typing in the problem with the answer..... :D ..... didn't realize until I read your post that you ONLY put the answer to ? in the box.

I was able to log in to my account, but none of my cards show up.
I am planning to sell my reference 6950 soon, and will need the transferable warranty code for buyer.

Hope they get things sorted soon.

The support troubles continue. I have a HD6850 that is freaking out at temperatures ~60C. XFX replaced a fan on it with (more or less) little hassle via RMA back in February but this new problem cropped up when I got it back. I made sure my card was still registered on the (inferior) new website, and wrote up a ticket, but three weeks (and three bumps) later I still haven't heard a thing from XFX. It's hard to know if the new site even works... maybe my tickets went into the bit bucket. This is pretty frustrating.

Why on earth would you revamp on your production site? You don't have a dev site setup?

Hello Burpy, i have sent you a PM to get this issue resolved immediately. Thank you

So, uh, how do I get into my account? I'm supposed to re-register? It's saying my account doesn't exist.

I had to go into the support site and re-register my account, create new username/password and then register my equipment again. It worked and was able to create an RMA ticket. Have a graphics card there now. Will call them next week and see what the status is at this point. "lots of big changes" at XFX according to the tech support. Not sure if that is good or bad but it has certainly created a lot of confusion for the end-users.

also my old xfx account is gone. so i made a new one but my products where not on it at first until i added it back on it but am affard that am going to lose my lifetime warranty becasue it says must register in 30 days or less of couse i did that when i first got my video card but my old account is gone it just sucks.

Hey Guys,

Just checking in to let you know we are still working on making the support site a bit more user friendly, but as far as the functionality goes, we have been up and running at 100% for nearly 6 weeks now. Thank you all for sticking it out with us... it was a whole lot bumpier than we anticipated.

As always, if you have any questions, just PM me help. Thanks

xfx told be monday that they would honor life time warranty but i get msg from help desk saying Hello, Do you have the original receipt? i can confirm your lifetime warranty with a proof of purchase. Account restoration is completed. anyone who didnt get it restored is being asked to re-register, and we will manually lookup accounts in the old system as needed. Thank you. but he never tell me where to email receipt too so now am confused the first guy i talked to at xfx said all old accounts data is lost.still waiting hope it works out.

Last edited:
Hey Eric, I found your ticket and sent you over what you need to get started. Thank you

thank you so much. hope you get site working as good as the old one.

Last edited:
xfx authorized my rma but i just needed to know if still had my lifetime warranty don't need rma i guess that means yes lol.

Hey Guys,

Just checking in to let you know we are still working on making the support site a bit more user friendly, but as far as the functionality goes, we have been up and running at 100% for nearly 6 weeks now. Thank you all for sticking it out with us... it was a whole lot bumpier than we anticipated.

As always, if you have any questions, just PM me help. Thanks

Hey there XFX,

I am also one of the people who had registered my product when I bought it and now my account is missing... I have 2 x 8600GT GPU' that I ran in sli, both with blown caps... amazingly they still work! But I started getting BSOD so thats when I noticed it when I took a closer look... so I would like to return them under the lifetime warranty, but the support emails dont work....

Could you please advise what the procedure is?

Sure, create an account again if its no longer there. xfxsupport.com
Re-register each card.
-----If the SN's wont take, PM me and ill add them manually, just need the model #'s.
Create a ticket and PM me the ticket # or wait for a response

Thanks

Sure, create an account again if its no longer there. xfxsupport.com
Re-register each card.
-----If the SN's wont take, PM me and ill add them manually, just need the model #'s.
Create a ticket and PM me the ticket # or wait for a response

Thanks

Awesome man, will do that in the next 24Hours and send you a pm.

Back