XFX Support abandonment?

Is this normal? XFX sent me troubleshooting steps for an RMA I am trying to process for a card with intermittent failure and stopped replying altogether.. I find it weird as I mentioned on my first claim that I had already performed certain steps.. which they asked me to perform again before they stopped answering.

I have heard that XFX will stop answering tickets before.. how can I trigger a respond?

Thanks!

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I found out a few months ago that apparently a big portion of XFX's user account database was lost some time over the last 2 years (anyone got accurate info on this?). My account with two registered products disappeared into thin air. When I emailed them about it, I never received a response. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing an XFX for myself or anyone I build for, or recommend them ever again. The company is trash as far as I'm concerned.

Sometimes it just takes a few days for a response.

Regarding the account disappearing you can simply re-register. They honored my warranty when I had to re-register.

Sometimes it just takes a few days for a response.

Regarding the account disappearing you can simply re-register. They honored my warranty when I had to re-register.

Thanks for the tip.
I'm still going to keep my distance though. Accounts shouldn't just disappear without their customers being notified.

If your rep is away, it can take time. They have the weekend off. Then they have to catch up on Monday. XFX gave me an upgrade from a 7950 to a R9 280 on my RMA.

There is a XFX Support guy here. Might try to pm him and see what is going on.
XFXSupport

XFX Phone number: 1-800-880-3225

Very interesting post. I sent in one they did upgrade me to a 7870. Everyone else was getting 270 - 280s back though. The one they sent back failed in a few hours from overheating. Next one should be back next week. Same model 7870. Mine will be sold as I don't like dealing with the drawn our rmas there.

They are getting 1,000+ gpus in the rma department daily. So it is a pretty slow process at XFX. It takes 2 -3 days t get a response from a ticket. You can also call them it nothing else works for you.

They maybe short staffed there also. That is a large amount of gpus to get returned to a company. I hate to be the guy that logs all those in each day. But it does take entirely too long to get a rma, it tested and a gpu sent back out to you there. But it is what it is.

If your rep is away, it can take time. They have the weekend off. Then they have to catch up on Monday. XFX gave me an upgrade from a 7950 to a R9 280 on my RMA.

Get in touch with XFXSupport and he should be able to help you. I had to RMA my 290 recently and thanks to him it was the fastest hassle free RMA I've ever experienced.

I would say their RMA process is a little long.

Shipped my card to them on Thursday 4/24.

They received it on Monday 4/28 according to tracking number.

Here from them on Monday 5/5 saying they couldn't find anything wrong with card.
I respond the same day to go ahead and send card back and I will deal with the issue until card dies plus I made sure they understood what the issue was.

Wednesday 5/7 they a reply that they didn't find the issue and that they was going to process it for shipping back.

Haven't heard from them since.

If it is true that they are getting 1000 RMA cards a day then they need to be working Saturday's to catch them up or hire more techs to handle the work load.

I bought this graphics card from them based on the lifetime warranty and the fact that I can't afford to go out and buy another card when it craps out. This isn't the first RMA with them. The last one was done several years ago and I didn't have this much of a issue back then trying to get things resolved.

Oh and gaming with onboard graphics sucks

It is 100% true about them get thousands of gpus in a day for rma at a time. I'm just passing along the information I was told from my support tickets and the phone calls to them from me.

I don't think working Saturdays will help the matter. I'm guessing it is all failing cards from mining rigs. If you do a search XFX, it seems to die pretty fast if you mine with them. If I remember correctly it was the power phases overheating because with the lack of proper cooling from the heat sink . Or something along those lines.

Hopefully you will get everything sorted out Monday. Again they are slow there. I know it sucks using a onboard graphics gpu. Good luck.

Too many people scamming the RMA process, who toast their own cards and RMA them hoping to get a free upgrade. It's really not surprising to see the whole process clog up like a freeway during rush hour.

That is the reason I think all the lifetime warranty items has about vanished. But then again people still abuse the system these days. Use it for a while then tear it up on purpose. RMA it, get it back and then sale it for a new in the box item. This makes it very hard on people that have natural problems from hardware not abused or tampered with.

Too many people scamming the RMA process, who toast their own cards and RMA them hoping to get a free upgrade. It's really not surprising to see the whole process clog up like a freeway during rush hour.

I would say their RMA process is a little long.

Shipped my card to them on Thursday 4/24.

They received it on Monday 4/28 according to tracking number.

Here from them on Monday 5/5 saying they couldn't find anything wrong with card.
I respond the same day to go ahead and send card back and I will deal with the issue until card dies plus I made sure they understood what the issue was.

Wednesday 5/7 they a reply that they didn't find the issue and that they was going to process it for shipping back.

Haven't heard from them since.

If it is true that they are getting 1000 RMA cards a day then they need to be working Saturday's to catch them up or hire more techs to handle the work load.

I bought this graphics card from them based on the lifetime warranty and the fact that I can't afford to go out and buy another card when it craps out. This isn't the first RMA with them. The last one was done several years ago and I didn't have this much of a issue back then trying to get things resolved.

Oh and gaming with onboard graphics sucks

I love when people quote unsubstantiated claims. ;) Don't forget the part about one guy is processing them all.

I love when people quote unsubstantiated claims. Don't forget the part about one guy is processing them all.

actually I had 3 different people reply to me.
Krell
Kevin
Mark
I don't have any suggestions for you, but I found out a few months ago that apparently a big portion of XFX's user account database was lost some time over the last 2 years (anyone got accurate info on this?). My account with two registered products disappeared into thin air. When I emailed them about it, I never received a response. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing an XFX for myself or anyone I build for, or recommend them ever again. The company is trash as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah my account had about the same issue.

I would just been glad to get another card like I had, didn't care about getting an upgrade from them.

Get in touch with XFXSupport and he should be able to help you. I had to RMA my 290 recently and thanks to him it was the fastest hassle free RMA I've ever experienced.

True, he offered to help, but I am sure he has work to do as well so I have not received a reply from him after he offered to RMA my card in Mexico.

I am not in a hurry, for some reason my card stopped failing which is incredibly strange, but I would only dare to call that intermittent fails and therefore should not be trusted.

Back