XFX RX 7900 XT new or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Nurse

Supreme [H]ardness
I got a XFX RX 7900 XT card about a week ago from Best Buy and the box had no shrink wrap with faint scuff marks on box, one of the side flaps had a small tear, and the antistatic bag wasn't sealed with the sticker. Sticker looked brand new. So is this the normal from XFX?

Now that I recall... that might be... my XFX 6750 XT is from Best Buy.. no shrink wrap on the box.. just a round piece of tape on both ends sealing the box flaps/openings..
I believe my GPU was in the antistatic bag... it wasn't a sealed type of bag.. just taped down with 3-4 pieces of blue colored tape.. closing the opening flap down on itself...

Now that I recall... that might be... my XFX 6750 XT is from Best Buy.. no shrink wrap on the box.. just a round piece of tape on both ends sealing the box flaps/openings..
I believe my GPU was in the antistatic bag... it wasn't a sealed type of bag.. just taped down with 3-4 pieces of blue colored tape.. closing the opening flap down on itself...
This is exactly how my 7900xtx from Amazon came.

The shroud and backplate was also covered in that sticky backed plastic to protect from smudges.

Thanks guys! I was thinking about returning it, but now I'll be keeping it. Mine had those clear round security stickers on both ends of the box.

In case anyone is interested if you get a Best Buy credit card they typically will give you a 10% discount off one item on your first purchase. My card was $879.99 but with the 10% discount it went down to 809.99

Since the price on the reference card I got dropped to 839.99 I think I will ask them to give me the difference back as a credit on my card. That would be a price of $755.99 😎

The Chinese Communist Party has its hands in all companies in China. The only high quality stuff they do is in satellites and military hardware. Thus the comment about typical CCP job.

i just checked the xfx 5700 and 5700xt boxes i have kicking around and both do not have seals on the box but did on the bag.

Sounds like Open Box? In my world, you can't even call these stores anymore. At least, Best Buy doesn't answer phone calls. So, you had this card delivered to your door and it was like this when you opened the postage box? If you are near any of the stores, you could go in and ask them. If not, you could contact them some other way - online or - and just wait for an eternity for a reply. If the card 'looks' new - it's possible some previous buyer had 2nd thoughts and put the card back? I would definitely try to contact BB and ask them about the condition - and whether they can consider that 'new.'

I think I will cruse over to BB this weekend and have a discussion about this. I expect they will offer a discount to me. Since I paid $810 maybe I can get get the price down to around $700!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back