XFX RX 5700 XT THICC II stops working after a while when mining

Javadeb

n00b
Hello I have a rig with 8 xfx rx 5700 xt thicc ii and windows 10 enterprise. 3 psu coolermaster 650 gold, B250 mining expert and 8 gb ram. When I start mining everything is cool and works fine but after a while one of the gpu's stops working, btw im using team red miner and it says for example gpu 1 dead. Whats the problem? kind of i know its because of undervolt and overclock because it works fine on default setting.
default setting: core clock: 2150, voltage: 1150, memory clock: 1750
my setting: core clock: 1400, voltage: 750, memory clock: 1810
Anyone knows what should i do?

The THICC has notoriously bad cooling. Gamers Nexus had a video about it. There are things you can do to help with that, but the stock cooler is just very poor as installed.

Review:

Fixes:

That's weird, I have aTHICC, III. Maybe they changed the heatsink design, but out of all my 5700's, this THICC III is the coolest running one I have.

maybe set vcore to 770 and try again. Most of mine are around 760 @1300 core

That's weird, I have aTHICC, III. Maybe they changed the heatsink design, but out of all my 5700's, this THICC III is the coolest running one I have.

maybe set vcore to 770 and try again. Most of mine are around 760 @1300 core

Do you have a summary for the settings on your 5700s? Thanks

kind of i know its because of undervolt and overclock because it works fine on default setting.
default setting: core clock: 2150, voltage: 1150, memory clock: 1750
my setting: core clock: 1400, voltage: 750, memory clock: 1810
Anyone knows what should i do?
The simple answer is you need to be more methodical about your OCs. If you know everything works at stock then start changing one value gradually in the direction you want to go. When you hit your target or instability revert a few mhz and move on to the the next value. Otherwise you are just throwing darts at a board.

Back