XFX Rma nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did I know someone was going to reply with something like that. :rolleyes:

What do I have to gain being a brown noser here? Cheaper prices? Oh wait, not an e-tailer. So what is there to gain, please, enlighten me.

In this fast pasted self centered world we live in, there are not enough compliments and kindness in my opinion. People would rather be insulting and rude as they hide behind their monitors. (Not directed at you, speaking in general as far as the internet.)

Kyle didn't have to get involved at all. It has nothing to do with him, but he did anyway. Good on him! I wanted him to know I was impressed by his simple action. Something wrong with that?

Why did I know someone was going to reply with something like that. :rolleyes:

What do I have to gain being a brown noser here? Cheaper prices? Oh wait, not an e-tailer. So what is there to gain, please, enlighten me.

In this fast pasted self centered world we live in, there are not enough compliments and kindness in my opinion. People would rather be insulting and rude as they hide behind their monitors. (Not directed at you, speaking in general as far as the internet.)

Kyle didn't have to get involved at all. It has nothing to do with him, but he did anyway. Good on him! I wanted him to know I was impressed by his simple action. Something wrong with that?

Joke, lighten up my friend. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. :)

I wasn't too worked up, just slightly annoyed. I didn't mean to come across angry. As mentioned, people can be asses simply for the sake of being an ass.

My apologies for any assumption on my part.

Thanks for sharing your experience, OP. Sorry to hear about the mess you're in now. :( It probably doesn't help but hopefully these posts in this thread will help provide some moral support to keep fighting the good fight until you get what's rightfully your's. :) Companies that expect to stay in business shouldn't expect to get away with this shit, especially in this economic climate.

Best of luck with everything! And definitely keep us updated on your progress as I'm sure most of us will be basing future purchases (both partially and fully) on the final outcome.

Dude, I just tried to check my support ticket on the XFX site, and its down for "maintenence" and the error message IS AN IMAGE so you can't copy and paste it.

Good luck to the OP. I hope you get your card! I never liked fedex/ups... they always seem to have a n00b working on the day I'm expecting something very importanted and f-ed it up! But I also can't believe that XFX would give you a hard time!

My experiences with RMA to XFX are very slow process to getting my RMA setup and getting a response back from them in a timely matter.

Ya know something Kyle, you're awesome. :)

I love to see people of influence stand up for the little guy when they could just stick their head in the sand.

You are welcome, I always try to do it for our readers where I am able to.

...good timing on this thread. I was just starting to think about moving to an ATI card at some point in the future.

Makes my purchasing decision easier. XFX is off the list. Sorry XFX, but if you're going to treat a guy like that why should I buy a $400+ card from you?

My experiences with RMA to XFX are very slow process to getting my RMA setup and getting a response back from them in a timely matter.

I had the opposite experience with responses to tickets taking about 1-3 days. RMA turnaround time was recent, the only issue was I had to return the card twice as the replacement was defective - an 8800GTX that ran hotter than Fermi!

...good timing on this thread. I was just starting to think about moving to an ATI card at some point in the future.

Makes my purchasing decision easier. XFX is off the list. Sorry XFX, but if you're going to treat a guy like that why should I buy a $400+ card from you?

Same here.

If you have documentation (of the request to hold, and confirmation of the hold) then you can sue - or at the very least you can send a copy of your documentation with the threat of a lawsuit.

If you have no documentation, then your contract, if there was a contract, was a verbal contract - and the lesson to be learned here is that a verbal contract is worth the paper it's printed on.

Either way, I don't see what this has to do with XFX. This is a postal issue.

If you have documentation (of the request to hold, and confirmation of the hold) then you can sue - or at the very least you can send a copy of your documentation with the threat of a lawsuit.

If you have no documentation, then your contract, if there was a contract, was a verbal contract - and the lesson to be learned here is that a verbal contract is worth the paper it's printed on.

Either way, I don't see what this has to do with XFX. This is a postal issue.

Again, I would not threaten XFX with a lawsuit.

Think about it. If the purpose of his correspondence is to get a new videocard (or credit), then coercion probably will not help and they'll end up going to court anyway. Threatening them or behaving rudely is just a waste of both parties' time, might as well just skip directly to a lawsuit. He'll be better off being courteous yet direct.

Customer service lines are usually recorded, which I'd think can be subpoenaed if needed.

Again, I would not threaten XFX with a lawsuit.

Think about it. If the purpose of his correspondence is to get a new videocard (or credit), then coercion probably will not help and they'll end up going to court anyway. Threatening them or behaving rudely is just a waste of both parties' time, might as well just skip directly to a lawsuit. He'll be better off being courteous yet direct.

Customer service lines are usually recorded, which I'd think can be subpoenaed if needed.

Wabewalker was talking about sueing Fedex, not XFX. He said clearly, this is a Fedex issue and has nothing to do with XFX and I agree. This thread needs to be retitled Fedex stole my videocard instead of XFX RMA nightmare.

The guy put a 'request to hold' in to Fedex which they agreed to do and they failed to hold it, released it to the driver - who either stole it, or let some random guy off the street sign for and steal the package without confirming his identity.

Why so many people have a beef with XFX because of this, I don't know. It's likely the shipping department or their Fedex contract didn't have provision for overnight or someone put it in the wrong pile and it ended up shipped as ground instead of overnight. It's not like the OP paid for overnight shipping either. I agree that the first DOA card should never have happened but this is something that happens with all vendors. I have had a DOA RMA from XFX. I know people who have had 2 or 3 from EVGA and BFG. XFX has the shipping waybill with Fedex, Fedex assumes responsibility for the safe delivery of the item and it's out of XFX's hands. All XFX could do in this case is, out of the kindness of their hearts, send the OP what amounts to a free card at a loss as they are already out one card. This is completely up to them however, they have no legal responsibility to have do this.

Last edited:
Hmm, tough luck. I've had a fair bit of issues with having packages left on my door too. I'd say the fault usually lies 3/4 with the shipping carrier and 1/4 with the sender. Really, Fedex failed twice. Once by failing to keep it at the local hub as promised. Second by faking a signature. Third by making the product vanish in thin air from negligence or stupidity.

Fedex is mostly to blame but don't forget that XFX told him they would overnight the card, which had they have done may have prevented the entire issue.

Wabewalker was talking about sueing Fedex, not XFX. He said clearly, this is a Fedex issue and has nothing to do with XFX and I agree. This thread needs to be retitled Fedex stole my videocard instead of XFX RMA nightmare.

The guy put a 'request to hold' in to Fedex which they agreed to do and they failed to hold it, released it to the driver - who either stole it, or let some random guy off the street sign for and steal the package without confirming his identity.

Why so many people have a beef with XFX because of this, I don't know. It's likely the shipping department or their Fedex contract didn't have provision for overnight or someone put it in the wrong pile and it ended up shipped as ground instead of overnight. It's not like the OP paid for overnight shipping either. I agree that the first DOA card should never have happened but this is something that happens with all vendors. I have had a DOA RMA from XFX. I know people who have had 2 or 3 from EVGA and BFG. XFX has the shipping waybill with Fedex, Fedex assumes responsibility for the safe delivery of the item and it's out of XFX's hands. All XFX could do in this case is, out of the kindness of their hearts, send the OP what amounts to a free card at a loss as they are already out one card. This is completely up to them however, they have no legal responsibility to have do this.

Whoosh, went over my head.

Still wouldn't threaten to sue anyone; it's counter-productive and a waste of time. If he's trying to avoid taking them to court, it pays to be polite.

And I don't see why the OP would even have to dispute this with FedEx. True FedEx fraked up, but this is between the buyer and the courier. The seller shouldn't be involved in that end of the claims process.

Fedex is mostly to blame but don't forget that XFX told him they would overnight the card, which had they have done may have prevented the entire issue.

Given what Fedex did, even if they did send it overnight, who knows if the driver wouldn't have stolen the package or let some bum off the street sign for it again.

Given what Fedex did, even if they did send it overnight, who knows if the driver wouldn't have stolen the package or let some bum off the street sign for it again.

Wouldn't be safe to assume that if the driver intended to have someone forge the signature that he could easily do it himself? Wouldn't need a bum for that. :D

Wouldn't be safe to assume that if the driver intended to have someone forge the signature that he could easily do it himself? Wouldn't need a bum for that. :D

I know UPS puts down a name with a signature. So you will see name and signature on your tracking page. I'm surprised Fedex does not do this. If Fedex did this then it's harder to get away with forgery and theft.

i threatened someone with small claims court over a rebate that was denied (no reason for it to be). lets just say i've already spent my rebate card ;)

It's hard to believe that couriers don't check ID's when signing for delivery. I would hold FedEx accountable, especially since you requested a hold be put on the package. Just talk to a manager at FedEx and be very specific about dates and times that you called in to have it put on hold. At the very least FedEx is responsible for the value it was insured for and if that is not the full value of the card then XFX is responsible for the balance in my opinion.

I had the most wonderful and smooth XFX RMA myself over the last couple weeks. They sent me a replacement 4890, identical to the one I'd sent in, save the last 2 digits of the serial number.

It's hard to believe that couriers don't check ID's when signing for delivery.

You're kidding right? I mean I agree that a practice such as this should be a mandate, but considering how many deliveries a courier needs to make in a day, not to mention the amount of traffic they have to wade through just to get a package to it's destination...it just doesn't seem realistic, and I'm sure the couriers themselves would not be a fan of the practice.

@OP

If you really want some more help, I'm dead serious about sending The Consumerist your story, and/or proving to FedEx that the signature given, does not match yours...

If you really want some more help, I'm dead serious about sending The Consumerist your story, and/or proving to FedEx that the signature given, does not match yours...

To elaborate, legally proving that the signature given was forged is as simple as filling out an affidavit and having it notarized. Here's an example affidavit of forgery for a financial institution. As far as finding a notary, to my knowledge, a lot of banks and credit unions have at least one, also insurance agencies. Try Googling "notary public" and your zip code. Lastly, you might want to take a screen capture of the forged signature for your records, just in case this go to court.

fedex should have to cover this, whats the point of a signature if you can just scribble that

No kidding. I have seen some people actually use something like that for a signature, but if I am understanding this thread correctly then everyone is simply at the mercy of the carriers because any dishonest/thieving driver could just fake a signature and walk away with the package, leaving the customer screwed. Is that the gist of it? Surely that's not the case...I'm sure the vast majority of drivers are honest but is it really that easy for them to steal stuff and dick us over?

Now that I know XFX knows about this thread, my friend is considering ordering a 5870, possibly an Eyefinity 6, within a few days. I'll make sure it's not XFX unless XFX *really* makes up for this.

I can't see the signature image, but personally my signatures on their signing/scanner device always looks ridiculous. Hard to use the stylus on that.

Hmmm.... I understand XFX's point of view, but they should have escalated on your behalf, not against you. Just makes for good customer service (IMO, that's what matters).

I bought an XFX sys board, X58i, love it. I am going to buy either a 5870 or a 480 (wife already agreed it's my treat for fathers day) and I wanted to keep the system 'XFX'. After reading this, XFX might not get my money unless they work something out.

ive never liked fedex signature deliveries ever since they half assed it on me years ago. i dont have an image of the sig anymore, sadly.

i ordered a brand new X800 the week they came out,and it came fedex with sig required.
i came home from school to see a box laying on my porch, about 2 inches from a puddle.
sig. confirmation online was signed by some one named P. Orch.

amazing.... my porch signed for the package.

Update from my end. I just got home from working 14 hours as I’m a medical clinical student at the hospital. This means I don’t get paid and the institutions tend to take advantage of the free labor.

To the guy that says I need to change the thread title to "how it’s all on FedEx", remember I clearly told XFX the day I would be moving and they insisted that it wouldn’t be an issue (this after the first DOA). To insist that I would be even lucky for them to consider fixing this the issue, connect the dots back to the beginning of the mess…it clearly leads to XFX. They gave me a timeline for delivery, they failed to meet that timeline before FedEx ever had a chance to screw it up. I tried my hardest to fix the issue after the fact to no avail, but I was still left holding the bag.

To those that suggested lawsuit it’s just wishful thinking. The time and money spent in that endeavor just getting the issue to court, would equal far more than just purchasing another card. However, I do appreciate the support behind the suggestion.

It took the owner of one of the largest; if not the largest, enthusiast computer hardware site getting personally involved before I even got a hint of action over the issue. I had four missed calls from XFX today trying to contact me, more then I originally received over the course of the whole ordeal. I was left a message stating that I was never promised overnight. Well…okay but if you tell me that it’s shipping Friday and will arrive Monday that appears to be overnight to me. And you still missed that timeframe by two days. However they have changed their tune and are suddenly willing to send out another card. I will update once again if that occurs.

Also,I want to give credit where credit is due. Kyle didn’t have to even bother to take time to look at this thread, much less dedicated some of his personal time to get action on this issue. Thanks for taking an interest in this matter, it’s obviously had a serious impact on the stance XFX was taking on this mess.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad that you are getting the service you should have received in the first place. I love my XFX 4850 but I am afraid I will think twice before buying another XFX card -- if this is what it takes to get their attention.

had four missed calls from XFX today trying to contact me, more then I originally received over the course of the whole ordeal. I was left a message stating that I was never promised overnight. Well…okay but if you tell me that it’s shipping Friday and will arrive Monday that appears to be overnight to me..

Fedex Operates on the Weekend. So if they said overnight on friday, you would of had it Saturday.

So Either they didnt tell you overnight or you ASSUMED it was overnight since you said it would be there Monday.

So which was it, they told you overnight? or you ASSUMED it would be overnight since you THOUGHT since it would be there monday it was overnight?

This sounds like a FEDEX screw up and not XFX. Again from what you said "Well…okay but if you tell me that it’s shipping Friday and will arrive Monday that appears to be overnight to me"
So you THINK it was overnight?....Sounds like you might be stretching the truth a bit bro....

I too had this GSOD issue with my XFX 5870. I sent it monday, and they received it today (they had to sign for it).

I will let you know how my experience goes.

I'm of the opinion that the fault was with your courier and not with XFX - nevertheless, if you insist that the problem was with them, then you're not helping them out any by posting this. That's great that you were able to get somebody associated with a review website to help you out - but is Kyle going to help me out as well if I have a problem? What about the thousands of other people who visit this site - are they going to get special attention as well?

If the fault really was with XFX, and this is what it takes in order to get them to help you, then what does that say about XFX?

FedEx is in the fault. My guess if you had asked for a signed card stating the package would be held for a pickup, it would have been held. You made the mistake of trusting the clerk's word for it.

It appears they're making it right - after severe arm twisting...just as in my case with them.

Kudos to you Kyle for stepping up to the plate and helping this young man.

Best,

Liquid Cool

It does not matter that FedEx messed up (and they did), it is still XFX that is liable, and they must replace the card for the OP. Even though the party highered by XFX to deliver the card lost the card, this does not release XFX from their obligation. FedEx owes XFX compensation, not the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back