XFX Radeon Pro Duo $800 @ Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, but don't all Dual AMD cards eventually get down to around $500 before they disappear forever?

Is this thing two Fury X in crossfire? Or does it not behave like crossfire?

I think the drivers also accelerate some professional applications (Maya, 3ds), which is a big deal if you use those and also want to be able to game (a $800 FirePro/Quadro is a pretty slow card)

Is all 8gb addressable or only four like a typical crossfire arrangement of Fury cards?

I don't think a single 1080 beats a couple Fury X or a coulple Fury nano when crossfire is supported on the title compared.

Fury X cards have been $300-330 new pretty regularly since Black Friday.

Right, which was my point. I just didn't a basic google search and basically saw them going for $320. This doesn't make financial sense at all. It's only for those that want a 1 slot solution AND that it happens to fit their case as said 1 card solution.

But at a nearly $200 price premium, still don't think it's worth it.

I think the drivers also accelerate some professional applications (Maya, 3ds), which is a big deal if you use those and also want to be able to game (a $800 FirePro/Quadro is a pretty slow card)

It is a professional card with Pro level drivers as you said. It just happens to have the ability to game on it also as a side benefit.

Then it appears to be an artificial limitation that the Fury cards couldn't also be "pro level cards" with the ability to accelerate applications.

Of course it's arbitrary limitation, this has been the case with Quadro/Firepro cards since time immemorial.

Is all 8gb addressable or only four like a typical crossfire arrangement of Fury cards?

I don't think a single 1080 beats a couple Fury X or a coulple Fury nano when crossfire is supported on the title compared.

AFAIK the 8gb is addressable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back