XFX Radeon HD 6850 CF + ST31000528AS - $438.84 Shipped @ Newegg

imho its not much of a deal.. 369 for a pair of the saphire/gigabyte/powercolor/his 6850's.

So in the end its a 70 dollar premium for the warranty & a POS drive.

Not a very good deal. Very specialized in its nature. Someone who is putting 6850s in CF is doing so for bang-for-your-buck performance, and the HDD in that combo adds $35 to the final out-of-pocket price.

If you sold the HDD then it would be better.

Not a very good deal. Very specialized in its nature. Someone who is putting 6850s in CF is doing so for bang-for-your-buck performance, and the HDD in that combo adds $35 to the final out-of-pocket price.

If you sold the HDD then it would be better.

the hard drive is barely worth the 35 bucks.. If it were a Samsung f3 or WD Blue it would be another story though.

imho its not much of a deal.. 369 for a pair of the saphire/gigabyte/powercolor/his 6850's.

So in the end its a 70 dollar premium for the warranty & a POS drive.

the hard drive is barely worth the 35 bucks.. If it were a Samsung f3 or WD Blue it would be another story though.

Oh look another threadcrap by bastage. Seriously. Every sophomorically condescending and bullying post in here is you. The 7200.12's are very fast 500gb/platter drives with quite a following in the Storage section. Definitely not "POS." It's a deal if you need a 1tb drive and were looking at the XFX 6850's.

Oh look another threadcrap by bastage. Seriously. Every sophomorically condescending and bullying post in here is you. The 7200.12's are very fast 500gb/platter drives with quite a following in the Storage section. Definitely not "POS." It's a deal if you need a 1tb drive and were looking at the XFX 6850's.

It's still not a great deal, you paying $200 for each card and ~$40 for the drive, you can get 1tb drives on sale all the time for $50 (whether or not the seagate is good is another story.

It's still not a great deal, you paying $200 for each card and ~$40 for the drive, you can get 1tb drives on sale all the time for $50 (whether or not the seagate is good is another story.

Yeah, you're right. But still, no need to be mean.

practice what ya preach buddy..

Edit: and for the record. There is also a following that believes the sky is green... Doesn't mean there right.. I also never said that that seagate drive was slow. I said its a POS.. I can also dig through my emails & find the info for all the past RMA's I have had to do on seagate drives to back that up.. Hell I have a Running 30gb IBM 75gxp (ie. the deathstar) that has proven more reliable then any seagate drive I have used from the ".9" series on up)

Last edited:

really dude...? it actually seems like you may have a history with him and that's what's skewing your perception of what he posted, I didn't see anything "mean" in either of his posts and he's definitely not the only one poo pooing this "deal"...

this is a hot deals section of the forum ...

is it a hot deal, no ... is it a deal at all, um i think no

is the hardware good, yes ... no reason really to crap on it

I don't think it's a very hot deal either, sorry OP.

Maybe if it were a WD black =)

Or they were 6870's.../drool

I think it's a decent deal if this is exactly what you were looking for. I happen to be such a person, too bad I can't afford it right now.

Back