XFX or Sapphire for brand? Need input and experience

Sedriss

Limp Gawd
With these 2 brands of cards who would you rather go with? I have never owned a card from either one of them but have heard negative comments from both but not a whole lot of positive. Heard Sapphire has bad build quality, while XFX customer support has went down the pooper even though they still offer a LTW. Woud love to hear what you guys think. Thank you! :D

Both are about equal in my opinion. Atleast XFX is mostly US based which means faster RMA turn around. Sapphire operates mostly out of China and sources their RMAs from there.

What card are you actually buying?

If it is the new 290/290x references the build quality is the same since they are sourced from the same manufacturer and use the same design just with different branding.

Sapphire actually might the supplier of all the reference cards.

XFXs selling point was the double lifetime warranty. I'm not sure what specifically makes them stand out now.

If it is the new 290/290x references the build quality is the same since they are sourced from the same manufacturer and use the same design just with different branding.

XFXs selling point was the double lifetime warranty. I'm not sure what specifically makes them stand out now.

XFX no longer has the double life time actually. Though the warranty is still life time, only for you.

I would still go with XFX with Sapphire anyday personally. The rep here on the forums is always helpful when people are having issues.

Sapphire..solid I like the Sapphire better.
XFX uses a different PLL for voltage delivery.
No voltage adjustments with XFX..they gimp the overclocking.
That being said..XFX is solid, too.

Last edited:

Ya this would be for a 290.

Sapphire are the biggest brand maker for AMD. Sapphire have incentives for their gold membership which gives it's customer goodies.

XFX is much smaller, but still a decent manufacturer. Their the ones that used to do the double-lifetime warranty before they dropped it. I think it was because users were abusing the warranty. I went with XFX this time around...while Sapphire were the brand on my last graphic-cards.
I liked XFX because their customer service said even though I replaced their fan with a 3rd party fan that I was still under warranty with them. Nice. They have little stickers on the screws of the card saying "Void if removed.". Those stickers are still on the screws, but not on the card itself anymore.

The CON with XFX is "XFX provides no US contact phone numbers on their website or in product documentation and users frequently report no response to tickets created in their system, the only "valid" way to generate an RMA."

I keep thinking that XFX does not respond to some tickets because they believe or know that users are trying to cheat them. It would not surprise me.

Hmmm I do care about Customer Support though in case there is a issue

Its kind of funny, Sapphire and XFX are the only manufacturers I have had bad cards out of the box... Having said that though, I wouldn't have a problem buying another Sapphire card, XFX though dunno.

Hmmm I do care about Customer Support though in case there is a issue

No single card provider is perfect. Both cards are identical due to being reference design. IMO XFX trumps Sapphire in customer support. However Sapphire makes very nice aftermarket designs as seen with the 280X Toxic.

Personally I have been buying XFX cards, since my first build with a 7900 GT. Fortunately never had anything break on me, but I have contacted the support a couple times and always got a quick response.

No single card provider is perfect. Both cards are identical due to being reference design. IMO XFX trumps Sapphire in customer support. However Sapphire makes very nice aftermarket designs as seen with the 280X Toxic.

Personally I have been buying XFX cards, since my first build with a 7900 GT. Fortunately never had anything break on me, but I have contacted the support a couple times and always got a quick response.

Oh I know.... that's why though I have been going with Evga the past couple of years because I have had good experience with their support. Was hoping that Sapphire and or XFX was the same

Asus probably has the most responsive support, they have reps in every major forum including [H]

That being said, thir RMA process has had a lot of complaints...

Ive bought sapphire excluseively since my X1950 pro and never had an issue.

Performance and quality wise, Sapphire is superior, even the entry level aftermarket "Dual X" cooler is superior to some of the competition's offerings.

Like I said before these are both reference cards, there is NO quality difference between them.

Like I said before these are both reference cards, there is NO quality difference between them.

I would still buy Sapphire.... I have heard they've improved their RMA process. XFX isn't what it used to be, which is sad since there is no clear "EVGA" of AMD cards anymore which is what XFX used to be.

I would still buy Sapphire.... I have heard they've improved their RMA process. XFX isn't what it used to be, which is sad since there is no clear "EVGA" of AMD cards anymore which is what XFX used to be.

That is what I was hoping XFX would be.

Still have heard far more sapphire horror stories on this board than XFX.

That is what I was hoping XFX would be.

No that is not the case I am afraid. However having the XFXSupport rep here on the forums is huge IMO. You will not have that resource with Sapphire.

XFX has a support member here on the forum that is really good about helping people out. That puts them head and shoulders above Sapphire in my opinion. Sapphire has nice cards though and I wouldn't think twice about buying either.

Back