XFX nForce 680i LT SLI please boot up!

badteddy

Weaksauce
hey guys, i need some advice:

im puttin together this machine as i always do with every machine. i notice this board doesnt make a beep sound and it has several weird colored LED that change.. what does all that mean? its not even listed in the manual... or so im re-checking that. i have no idea what is wrong..all i can do is unplug everything and re-plug everything back.. FYI, all of these were in boxes and i just took it all out and plugged everything together.. any advice is appreciated.

i just sent back a the same board to tiger direct. bad board. it would post then run for about 10 more sec then shut off. I just got a refund and bought a p35 board. not worth the time trouble shooting i went through

i just got a replacement board, brand new unopened and its still giving me the same thing. will not boot up. im starting to wonder if they are all like this.

i had an ECS motherboard and everything including cpu, ram, and video card functioned perfectly. i have tried to unhook SATA, and other wires to check if the motherboard doesnt like something. but still no luck.

does this mean that the problems which plauged the 680i chipset are not yet solved? did u ppl try updated bios and drivers released by nvidia. if u have done all this then just forgive me, i was just trying to help. also i was going to by XFX 680i LT today, went to lamington but the board was out of stock.

If you have high end RAM you need to try with one stick, as it may refuse to boot up due to lack of proper voltage (default is 1.8v, some sticks don't play nice without 2.0v+).

It could be a PSU issue.

Processor is probably seated properly as it's difficult to screw up with LGA, so I doubt that's it.

Over all the LTs seem to be more reliable, not less. Not that I've had a single issue with my 680i SLI, so...

I just burned up my first 680i board 3 weeks ago, so no, they havent fixed the problems yet. Waiting for my rma right now, and giving it 1 more try. If i burn it up again, its getting rma'd and sold for a p35 board.

I just burned up my first 680i board 3 weeks ago, so no, they havent fixed the problems yet. Waiting for my rma right now, and giving it 1 more try. If i burn it up again, its getting rma'd and sold for a p35 board.

I love my 680i. Hope yours works. There are tons of features on this board.:)

Ya its a great board as far as overclocking and features go. It's just not reliable. I ran it at 1600 fsb for 6 weeks before it died. And its not even like it gets hot in my place. At worst the temp was only 70F and is usually around 60F in my apt. I'm hoping maybe i'll get one of the good boards next time. Thank goodness for lifetime warranties.

Ya its a great board as far as overclocking and features go. It's just not reliable. I ran it at 1600 fsb for 6 weeks before it died. And its not even like it gets hot in my place. At worst the temp was only 70F and is usually around 60F in my apt. I'm hoping maybe i'll get one of the good boards next time. Thank goodness for lifetime warranties.

Ya, I hear they mess up alot. Make sure you have good cooling when overclocking.

I have the XFX 680i LT and the EVGA 680i LT.. Both boards are identical minus the stickers and boot up screen. The reason you don't hear a beep is because there is NO speaker / buzzer. The regular 680i has one but the LT version does not. Some sound advise was already given. Try unplugging all of the connections and then reconnect them all. Also, try plugging your SATA cable into a different SATA port on the motherboard.

If you can get to the splash screen on boot up, go directly into your bios. Ensure that your RAM requires1.8v. If so, leave the VDIMM (ram voltage) alone. Personally, I have Corsair Dominators that require 2.2v. So, changing the VDIMM is essential for me. Be sure that if you are running 2 sticks of ram, that they are not plugged in directly side by side. Plug one stick into (1) of the white ram sockets and the other stick into the other white socket. It's sometimes overlooked but on two different occassions, that was the culprit.

Are you running the stock chipset fans? What kind of CPU cooling do you have? What type of thermal interface material did you use on the CPU (and chipsets if that applies)? Are you 100% sure your power supply is working? I had a quality power supply that I thought was good until I hooked it up on one of my other systems and it no workie workie. The 680i LT boards are good but they do have their fair share of small issues. For me, I am locked at 1.6vcore (and after vdroop, it's somewhere around 1.568v - 1.572v). I would prefer to be around 1.6v (after vdroop since I am on phase change).

PWM and ram areas. If you are able to get it up and going, try getting some active cooling in that area. You system will thank you down the road. A single 120mm fan can do wonders. Using a little imagination and a little fabricating, I have (2) 90cfm fans pointing at my PWM and ram area. It stays nice and cool and is NEVER an issue (this issue really plagued me when I had my Abit IN9 32X-MAX 680i motherboard)!

SideView01.jpg

ok guys.. im back.. i dont know what happend.. but after unhooking and hooking stuff that we thought would pinpoint the problem.. i just felt so frustrated i pressed on the numblock key and the keyboard lit up and the screen came up.. my friend and i were shocked... it had still had an error however... so i then brought over a USB keyboard and that happen to work perfectly fine.. i have NO clue whatso ever what could be the problem, but no ps2 keyboard would work except for my usb keyboard. strange.. and i do appreciate you guys giving all the input..i have tried the RAM and everything.. but this actually jolted it to life.. after reading so many "DOA's" on several websites i just happen to get mine alive..

my only next problem is my front audio does not work... im guessing its a windows vista problem..?

I would definately check your pinout (plug that goes from the front panel of your case) to your motherboard. Also windows vista has settings that enable/disable the front audio ports when the back ones are in use - so check that aswell.

tried to check the motherboard and the pins.. they are placed in correctly and tightly. windows settings does not show a front audio...? i see a front microphone in the settings but not a front audio. how strange..? does this have to do with realtek or am i just crazy?

ok what i did was update to the latest driver which was from realtek website. then i tried the folder thing this time when when mouse-over it says connecter settings.. then i thought to myself "might as well give it a shot, again".. where it says "disable front panel jack detection" and now it works.

ok what i did was update to the latest driver which was from realtek website. then i tried the folder thing this time when when mouse-over it says connecter settings.. then i thought to myself "might as well give it a shot, again".. where it says "disable front panel jack detection" and now it works.

Well good deal! Now that you are up and running, lets see some screen shots and pics.. Any plans to overclock?

hey guys, i need some advice:

im puttin together this machine as i always do with every machine. i notice this board doesnt make a beep sound and it has several weird colored LED that change.. what does all that mean? its not even listed in the manual... or so im re-checking that. i have no idea what is wrong..all i can do is unplug everything and re-plug everything back.. FYI, all of these were in boxes and i just took it all out and plugged everything together.. any advice is appreciated.

From what your describing, the board may be DOA, I would probably rma it and get another board. I would make sure that all of the other parts are good as well (CPU and ram especially). Have you looked at getting a hybrid board, like the Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus, which is a 650i North + 570 South. It has all of the same feature set as the 680i LT, though it can be picky with ram, nothing that setting specific settings cant fix.

ok guys.. im back.. i dont know what happend.. but after unhooking and hooking stuff that we thought would pinpoint the problem.. i just felt so frustrated i pressed on the numblock key and the keyboard lit up and the screen came up.. my friend and i were shocked... it had still had an error however... so i then brought over a USB keyboard and that happen to work perfectly fine.. i have NO clue whatso ever what could be the problem, but no ps2 keyboard would work except for my usb keyboard. strange.. and i do appreciate you guys giving all the input..i have tried the RAM and everything.. but this actually jolted it to life.. after reading so many "DOA's" on several websites i just happen to get mine alive..

my only next problem is my front audio does not work... im guessing its a windows vista problem..?

Oh....that is odd. Great that it boots though :D.

Back