XFX motherboards?

afaik they don't build their own but just rebadge & market nVidia reference mobos (probably built by Foxconn under contract).

They kinda made me mad. Up until today, thier website said am2+ cpu support. TODAY they added up to 95 watt to the description. There's very little in the way of a cpu support list or ram list there. The same platform from ASUS says thier boards will support ALL the new phenoms, including the 9850 125 watt cpu, and it's the same price! Oh well I'm still waiting to see if the board is as good as the graphics cards. It does have heat pipe cooling like new Biostar, and both a cmos button and led on the back of the board.It's on its way now, so I guess it's to late to bail out now.:eek:

The xfx geforce 8200 motherboard is built off of the nvidia reference design and it should support any of the recent phenoms.If you have any issues just give them a call. If you're planning on using any hybrid sli features you must have a phenom and you'll need the newest bios more than likely.

The xfx geforce 8200 motherboard is built off of the nvidia reference design and it should support any of the recent phenoms.If you have any issues just give them a call. If you're planning on using any hybrid sli features you must have a phenom and you'll need the newest bios more than likely.
No, I was really just looking for a board that would run the 6400x2 cpu that I already have. Thier website is kinda stingy, and they want you to both create an account, as well as register a product,unlike MSI or ASUS and others.Such things as cpu and ram compatability, should be readily available.

I have one of these boards and built a Phenom 8650 recently.. the board is nice if you don't need SLI.. but I ran into major issues trying to get any ram to run at 1066Mhz like it says it supports. To be stable I have to run the ram at 800Mhz, not the end of the world... but if it doesn't work dont advertise it. I was not aware it couldn't run certain Phenoms... that would be a deal breaker to me anyone have any further information on this...

Also the bios/overclocking is somewhat limited and clunky imo.

No, I was really just looking for a board that would run the 6400x2 cpu that I already have. Thier website is kinda stingy, and they want you to both create an account, as well as register a product,unlike MSI or ASUS and others.Such things as cpu and ram compatability, should be readily available.

You can look up specs on any product by "browsing by product code" or something similar. Registering a product just puts it on your user account page with quick links so you don't have to browse for it anymore.

Hahah I wanted to buy that motherboard too. What games do you think you can play with the onboard video?

Well I returned the xfx board and replaced it with a Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, while this board also doesn't want to run the 1066Mhz memory the main thing for me is that it handles the higher wattage processors. This will hopefully allow me to exten the life with a 45nm processor in the future. I also like the firewire and some of the extras like the latched sata cables and better power circuits since they were the same price I'm not sure why one would get the xfx vs the Gigabyte.

Back