XFX how long of a turn around on an RMA

Ryck

Limp Gawd
I have recently had the misfortune to use the lifetime warranty XFX offers on one of my three cards. How long is the usual turn around for an RMA. They received my card last Wednesday, and notified me that the RMA department has it. Since then I have not heard a peep from them.

I am just curious as to what the usual turn around time is. I hope not much longer.

My one experience with them was just about a week from the time XFX got it until a new card was sent out.As I recall, the day after the RMA dept. got it, they sent the new one. Overall it was a bit under 3 weeks start to finish (initial contact made - receiving the new card in the mail)

Really? That is a long time.... I have never owned an XFX product yet.

EVGA is like, 4-5 days for me since I live in Cali. 5 days starting the day I shipped mine back to them, to them receiving it, shipping a new one out and me receiving it.

XFX rma'd my 5850 and were awesome. great email support (it being my first RMA I feel like i pestered them a lot). They were great and told me that the card was dead, and shipped me out a new one. It took about a week I think.

My experience was just shy of 4 weeks start to finish. After two weeks with no status updates other than 'received' I bought another video card and sold the one that was sent back to me.

For mine they sent the replacement out 3 days after receiving it. Shipping time varies of course.

I've had to RMA two XFX cards in the past couple months. I think I am going to stay away from them. I live in Seattle. Took about two weeks from the moment I shipped it until it arrived on my door step.

two weeks isn't bad, it wouldn't kill you to have some patience. You're getting a free card and not paying the shipping on the way back. i guess for me 2 weeks isn't too bad to wait.

Well after two weeks, they tested my card and found it not defective. So I guess when it gets here I will box it up, and purchase another video card. I am a little disappointed in I believe they never tested the scenario I proposed to them, and I could reproduce said scenario. Oh, well, anyone have any other suggestions for video card brands that are quality cards?

Unfortunate, I haven't had to use the manufacturer returns for XFX, but from what I can gather most brands are the same. If the product goes wrong after the period in which you can return it to the retailer, it's a matter of luck. You get lucky, you get a replacement. You don't, you're down however much the card cost. The US really needs a 12 month retail warranty by law. Is it normally 30 days? Nowhere near enough.

Unfortunate, I haven't had to use the manufacturer returns for XFX, but from what I can gather most brands are the same. If the product goes wrong after the period in which you can return it to the retailer, it's a matter of luck. You get lucky, you get a replacement. You don't, you're down however much the card cost. The US really needs a 12 month retail warranty by law. Is it normally 30 days? Nowhere near enough.

I dont know, but that didnt make any sense. "Most brands are the same"? No they arnt...Huh?

Returns to place of purchase are usually 30 days, yes. I dont see how it is a matter of luck if it is after 30 days. Faulty cards can be RMA'd to manufacturer for warranty purposes. How is it luck? I have RMA'd video cards many times(not with XFX though), and ive never had a problem getting a replacement. If a card goes bad within warranty period, you RMA and get a new one. Where is the luck?

Asus, Evga, I thought XFX?, gigabyte maybe, etc. are usually good brands to stick with.

As it usually is, this is only 1 side of the story here. He claims its defective but the xfx techs say it isnt. It is very possible something else was happening this person is not aware of. If XFX really sent back a faulty card, id test it again and if it really is the video card, id RMA a second time till they sent me a new one. It is a lifetime warranty for a reason.

Last edited:
I just RMA'd a video card and within a week they had it tested "Faulty" and sent the return card all within a week. Not counting shipping time, thats them getting it,testing,and return shipping.

edit - XFX 5870

Last edited:
I don't think I have been extremely harsh about my experience, just stated what I dealt with. I didn't flame XFX at all, just said I was a little disappointed. With that said, I had put this card in 3 systems, all Intel, and one system that is only about 28 days old (Win7 says I have 2 days to activate. :) ) The problem persisted across all three systems, and the systems did not exhibit this problem with the other cards in them, just with the faulty 260.

Again I am not flaming XFX, just stated what has happened during my RMA.

Oh, I have not updated the rigs in my sig, so that info is not up to date.

yeah I would agree i've sent stuff back to the company and they told me it's fine and in fact it is not (not XFX, but others) best thing to do is talk to the tech dealing with your support and see if they can replace with a different model that performs the same if you don't mind switching hardware.

I would definitely continue talking with them cause id assume sooner or later they will just send you a new one.

I asked them if they could test it in some of the conditions I specified where the errors would occur, and if it would be possible to swap out this card with another model of similar performance. I will post what the tech says when he responds.

I'd say just get the phone number and call them, if the guy on the phone can't help, ask to talk to his boss, and keep going till ya get someone that can help.

Explain to them that ya wouldn't have mailed it to them if ya didn't think it was bad, and that it does not work in your system. (what is the issue with it? )

Quick question before I gotta get going. They offered to swap out the 260 with a 5830. What do you guys think?

I'll describe the problem when I get a little more time. Probably later today.

Those weren't particularly great cards in their day as they were quite inefficient, and they're getting on a bit now, but they're still an upgrade from the GTX260.

I would get the black screen flicker in some games, and then it would hard lock, or I would get desktop corruption Sometimes I would even lose sound in some games such as BC2, and Pirates. This plagued any system that the 260 was in.

I told them to go ahead and switch the card out for the 5830 as it is a comparable card, and very fair of them.

**The only complaint that I have is the long wait time. They have had my card since August 31, and I still have no confirmation of them shipping me the card they said they would ship. I'm not even sure all of them are on the same page.**

**Now the last part is just my assumption, as I have no proof but the fact it seems I am talking with more than 3 people and non of them are corroborating what the others have said.**

Last edited:
Well it looks like I will be getting a card back next Tuesday. Though which card I get is still up in the air. One tech offered to switch me to a 5830, but they only provided a tracking number after I requested one.

So as of next Tuesday it will be close to a month since XFX took possession of my card. Personally in my opinion a bit long, and will probably discourage me from purchasing XFX cards in the future. We shall see what Tuesday will bring. I'll update when I receive the package from XFX.

Okay well I received the replacement for my 260. XFX shipped me a 5830. All in all I am satisfied. None of the behavior the 260 exhibited have manifested when stressing the card. So all is good there.

The only complaint that I have about their RMA process was the slow turn around. They had my card around 3 weeks before shipping me the replacement. With that in mind I will be a little hesitant in buying an XFX card again, but will not rule them out completely.

Unless you have some more positive experiences from other brands, in all honesty that's fairly typical of manufacturer replacements. I generally say give it a month for most manufacturer RMAs.

The only other time I had to RMA a card was to EVGA. They took about a week and a half total I think from the point they received my card.

Again, I would not overlook XFX for my next purchase. The length of time for the RMA was my only negative experience in their RMA process.

I just wished companies would be more like Corsair. It seems to me that there RMA time is the best, at least in my experience.

Back