XFX HD5870 *New Model* $419.99 - 12.5% BCB *Instock at TigerDirect*

A lot of people are repeating the same thing, but what I'm not seeing is an explanation. Last I knew, it was the non-reference design that was almost extinct, and any non-reference designs that did exist were designed to eke out the most juice possible.

Since when did the opposite occur? Is this an ATI-specific development?

Well, apparently the non-reference 5870 eliminated the reference volterra voltage regulators which allowed voltage tweaks via software rather than hardware as it's been traditionally done on all other videocards. Also, non-reference cards are supposedly built using cheaper parts and therefore have lower overclocking ceiling. :mad:

And you are entitled to yours, but that does not make it "right" any more than mine is "wrong" because it differs. Have a good one.

lol, ran out of arguments? well, sir, that's fine by me :cool:

lol, ran out of arguments? well, sir, that's fine by me :cool:
I'm not here to argue. You have your opinion, I have mine. We're not going to change each other's. I'm also not going to insult you for disagreeing --you have a right to your own train of thought, as I do mine.

I'm not here to argue. You have your opinion, I have mine. We're not going to change each other's. I'm also not going to insult you for disagreeing --you have a right to your own train of thought, as I do mine.

Well, like I said, you got no more arguments/rebuttals and that's fine by me.

Ignorance my ass. XFX put out a whole plethora of terribly constructed non-reference 4890s, and their non-reference 5770s are below par as well. It was NOT a fluke, it's a cost-cutting design philosophy.

Back