XFX HD-685X-ZNDC Radeon HD 6850 w/DIRT 3 $169 - $30 MIR = $139 Free Shipping

Makes me wish I had bought an xfx 6850 instead of my gigabyte when they came out since I will be buying Dirt 3 anyway & that would make a 2nd 6850 for a matches crossfire setup 90 bucks.. (and yes I know I can still xfire as it is, but its not nearly as pretty as matched cards)..

I'm not sure but it seems they imply you redeem Dirt 3 from their website.
For bundle promotion, products must be purchased between June 1, 2011 and June 30, 2011 with a valid store receipt, a valid product serial number and original UPC proof of purchase. Game must be redeemed online on our product registration page when you register your product. Quantities are limited and promotion will end on June 30, 2011 or when supplies are no longer available.

That means if you buy the following, you'd get Shogun 2 Total War and register your card for Dirt 3 for the same price.

XFX HD-685X-ZNDC Radeon HD 6850 w/ Shogun 2 Total War AND Dirt 3 - $169-$30 MIR.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.656814

But I assume I can purchase one of these tomorrow and still get the MIR, correct?

I just had a horrible experience with the HIS Radeon 6850 that was going into a friend's build.

I finally experienced the alleged "buggy" Radeon drivers. The card ran Furmark fine and would run WoW & Hot Pursuit good sometimes, but the system would stutter and and hang for ~5-10 seconds.

It got worse the next day after I left and it wouldn't launch WoW at all. I told him to ship the card back to newegg and buy a Geforce.

In Sol Survivor, 1920x1080 with a 1090T, would a crossfire of these improve performance with all details on highest? I can't do this on one 6850 as Scrolling is no longer smooth. No idea if I'm CPU or gpu bound.

Edit: All components @ stock. I don't OC.

In Sol Survivor, 1920x1080 with a 1090T, would a crossfire of these improve performance with all details on highest? I can't do this on one 6850 as Scrolling is no longer smooth. No idea if I'm CPU or gpu bound.

sounds like a driver issue or some kind of abnormal conditions. A 1090T combined with that GPU should eat Sol Survivor for breakfast. Any stutter in other games?

How do I get both games Dirt 3 and Shogun. I am at work so I cannot read all instructions.

Hmm. Really tempted to buy another 6870 reference for x-fire. None of my games need it right now, but there are so many around the corner... :D

For Dirt 3 it's all through the XFX product registration. Not sure if it will need the UPC sent in but mine comes in tomorrow so i'll find out for sure then.

sounds like a driver issue or some kind of abnormal conditions. A 1090T combined with that GPU should eat Sol Survivor for breakfast. Any stutter in other games?

Nope. I think there are 1 or 2 options I have to keep off to keep it smooth. I'll try tonight & find out what they are...

From what I read yesterday, you can't. The rebate AND the Dirt3 offer both want the original UPC.

What are you talking about? You get an AMD Shogun 2 card that comes with the key to be reigstered on Steam..what UPC is needed?

Congratulations on receiving a complimentary copy of Total War: SHOGUN 2.

This card contains a product key that will grant you access to this amazing new PC game from the Creative Assembly, scheduled to be available March 15th, 2011*. Activate your game with Steam.

- Go to www.steampowered.com/getsteam
- Download the free Steam installer.
- Save the Steam Install file to your computer.
- Run the "SteamInstall" application to install Steam.
- Launch Steam.
- Go to the Games menu to“Activate a Product on Steam" and enter this key.

Note: Internet connection required. You must be 16+. Offer may be subject to geographical limitations. Offer expires Dec 31, 2011. Limit one offer per person. By accepting this offer, participants agree to be bound by this disclaimer and by any other requirements set out in promotional materials, which may be amended or varied at any time by SEGA. Good only for new purchases of Napoleon: Total War. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. May not be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or discount coupon. Product subject to availability. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Translations on reverse side are provided for convenience only; product may not be available in jurisdictions in which languages on reverse side are spoken.

Dirt3:
And it seems XFX is just doing what EVGA does, register your product within the time frame and get Dirt 3 from the registration page. The thing that seems different is that they might need a scan of your UPC code from the box along the invoice and everything required to prove if your purchase is eligible for Dirt 3.

What are you talking about? You get an AMD Shogun 2 card that comes with the key to be reigstered on Steam..what UPC is needed?

Dirt3:
And it seems XFX is just doing what EVGA does, register your product within the time frame and get Dirt 3 from the registration page. The thing that seems different is that they might need a scan of your UPC code from the box along the invoice and everything required to prove if your purchase is eligible for Dirt 3.

Where does it say I will get Dirt 3 once I register my card? I understand you are talking about warranty registration. What is the deadline?:)

Where does it say I will get Dirt 3 once I register my card? I understand you are talking about warranty registration. What is the deadline?:)

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Features/dirt3.aspx

Offer available to residents of North America only, for purchases of the XFX AMD Radeon HD 6990, HD 6970, HD 6950, HD 6870, HD 6850, and HD 6770 at select retailers and online stores.

For bundle promotion, products must be purchased between June 1, 2011 and June 30, 2011 with a valid store receipt, a valid product serial number and original UPC proof of purchase. Game must be redeemed online on our product registration page when you register your product. Quantities are limited and promotion will end on June 30, 2011 or when supplies are no longer available.

Dude I have a 6850 w/ a 955 & sol survivor is fine.

Dirt3:

Offer available to residents of North America only, for purchases of the XFX AMD Radeon HD 6990, HD 6970, HD 6950, HD 6870, HD 6850, and HD 6770 at select retailers and online stores.

^^^^^^
That's for Dirt 3. If you bothered reading my comment clearly, it was directed to the person who said you needed a UPC for Shogun 2 and Dirt 3, hence you would be able to get only one game according to him. That is of course, not the case as Shogun 2 is merely a coupon with the key and does not require a UPC. So you would be able to get both games if you ordered the combo.

I also addressed the Dirt 3 UPC part. I assume it'll be a scan required of your invoice, UPC, not a mail in thing considering you're redeeming it online which would be similar to what EVGA is doing. It wouldn't make sense otherwise (but then again, this is XFX).

Got my card today. It's gorgeous. Registered through XFX and they wanted my serial number and a code that's on the door tag and then they give you a code and you go to AMD.com/dirt3promo and enter the code and your email address and they email you a steam code.

Aw, only 1GB. :(

Do they make the 6850 in anything else?

Edit: also for anyone getting one of these that doesnt want dirt 3 PM me if you want to sell it.. I am a big fan of the series.

^^^^^^
That's for Dirt 3. If you bothered reading my comment clearly, it was directed to the person who said you needed a UPC for Shogun 2 and Dirt 3, hence you would be able to get only one game according to him. That is of course, not the case as Shogun 2 is merely a coupon with the key and does not require a UPC. So you would be able to get both games if you ordered the combo.

I also addressed the Dirt 3 UPC part. I assume it'll be a scan required of your invoice, UPC, not a mail in thing considering you're redeeming it online which would be similar to what EVGA is doing. It wouldn't make sense otherwise (but then again, this is XFX).

I assumed that he (like myself) wanted both games and the rebate. It looks to me like you have a choice of the rebate or Dirt 3. If I knew that you gold get Dirt3, Shogun, and the rebate I'd buy the card, but I don't know and summer is here so I just as well wait.

Got my card today. It's gorgeous. Registered through XFX and they wanted my serial number and a code that's on the door tag and then they give you a code and you go to AMD.com/dirt3promo and enter the code and your email address and they email you a steam code.

Thanks for the info, I hope it's not too late to order the card.

Do they make the 6850 in anything else?

Edit: also for anyone getting one of these that doesnt want dirt 3 PM me if you want to sell it.. I am a big fan of the series.

Wow, reading comprehension fail on my part. I thought this was the 6950.

I bit on the $174 after rebate ($205 upfront) 6870 XFX card - Hoping to get it down to around $110-$120 after getting rid of dirt 3 / shogun 2. It apparently went up $10 (but so did the rebate) since the 8th.
Better than the 5830 for bitcoin mining and about the same cost as the current deals if you can get them - with some work.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521

Makes me wish I had bought an xfx 6850 instead of my gigabyte when they came out since I will be buying Dirt 3 anyway & that would make a 2nd 6850 for a matches crossfire setup 90 bucks.. (and yes I know I can still xfire as it is, but its not nearly as pretty as matched cards)..

so buy it... get dirt.. sell your gigabyte, should sell pretty fast. then buy another xfx.. sell your 2nd copy of dirt to me for cheap ;)

so buy it... get dirt.. sell your gigabyte, should sell pretty fast. then buy another xfx.. sell your 2nd copy of dirt to me for cheap ;)
I was tempted to buy it, but picked up a copy of dirt 3 last night drink the fst forums.

Back