XFX GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 $198.99 shipped $168.99 A/R

lodingi

2[H]4U
Looks like the 216 core GTX260's are finally dipping below $200. There is also a $30 rebate for this card. I don't jump on rebate items but $168.99 A/R is pretty nice.

Brace yourself for the guys who jumped on the Fry's 192SP deal. Glad I returned mine :D

pretty funny. on another page i have opened all these cards are more expensive in my browser cache.

i think it is time to wait, something is on the horizon!!!!!

as always!

This isn't 55nm is it. After seeing ASUS' use the 65nm's cooling system on their 55nm cards I can't differentiate between them. Though a google search says they don't have a 55nm variant?

finally these cards are being sold at $199 like they're supposed to be.

General rule of thumb. If it has a backplate it's more then likey a 65nm if it doesn't it's more then likely at 55nm. The 65nm have memory chips on the back.

lol... Looks like I'm making a trip back to Frys tomorrow. :p Good thing my work is 2 blocks away from my local Frys here.

Thank god this shows up 3 days(and not 15 days) after I bought the Frys one. :D

i just bought a 260gtx a few weeks ago for $199 after MIR it came with a free game though that I sold for $28 so i'm not to sad.

General rule of thumb. If it has a backplate it's more then likey a 65nm if it doesn't it's more then likely at 55nm. The 65nm have memory chips on the back.

I would have said that, until a week ago when [H] did the GTX260 vs 4870 review and showed the ASUS GTX260 55nm having the backplate and the same 65nm cooler. Newegg reviewers confirm this, so I'm at a loss now. Goddamn, making things hard to differentiate.

I would have said that, until a week ago when [H] did the GTX260 vs 4870 review and showed the ASUS GTX260 55nm having the backplate and the same 65nm cooler. Newegg reviewers confirm this, so I'm at a loss now. Goddamn, making things hard to differentiate.

I don't know then. Stick with eVGA then. They actually make it an effort to identify which parts are 55nm and which are not.

I dont know about 55nm, Id think so this late in the game, but who knows
what I can say is this is def the best price to date on this card, had it in my wishlist for quite some time and also XFX does really good work, as of late quality is better than eVGA and Im a big eVGA fan mind you

got the email from xfx about these core editions, def HOT...me wants to pull the trigger badly...

This doesn't bode well for NVidia's stock.

Increased sales volume doesn't bode well for nVidia's stock? Interesting. I hope other companies increase their prices and slow down their sales or else their stocks will drop too!

Will this SLI ok with the EVGA GTX260?

I believe they have to have the same number of Stream Processors, so a 192 will not SLI with a 216.

Thinking of replacing my GTX 280 with 2x 216 Core XFX cards as listed in the OP in SLI... it appears these cards include a copy of Far Cry 2 as well. I'm running 2560x1600 and thinking of going to an i7 setup, so I have a feeling that a pair of these would really give me a great upgrade from my 280 with Q6600 @ 3.2...

I believe they have to have the same number of Stream Processors, so a 192 will not SLI with a 216.

Thanks for the clarification. Good thing, I have a 216 Core EVGA GTX260, so this ought to be another great addition, unless there are other contraindication warranted.

Thank you OP.

Thanks for the clarification. Good thing, I have a 216 Core EVGA GTX260, so this ought to be another great addition, unless there are other contraindication warranted.

Thank you OP.

You should be fine SLI'ing this with your current card then :).

The GTX 260 is an obvious choice, most bench pretty damn close to the 280 and when overclocked,
they are faster. I like mine, but do want a 295.

sweet deal... only $20~ish more than the Fry's deal last week. oh well...

this is where they get us, though. always offering the next best for the price we just paid.
wonder what these will sell for in 3 months :rolleyes:

<EDIT>
Interesting. The XFX comes with composite adapter and DVI-to-VGA, but no HDMI adapter??

The EVGA from Fry's came with DVI-to_HDMI adapter.

Increased sales volume doesn't bode well for nVidia's stock? Interesting. I hope other companies increase their prices and slow down their sales or else their stocks will drop too!

Forced competition driving high end cards into the $170 price range is not good for NVidia. 18 months ago they were selling 8800GTSs for $350, and their stock was 500% higher.

and i paid around this much for my xfx 9800gtx+ back in september! at least i just got my rebate back yesterday so thats win!

Very nice. I want one but dont NEED one. Maybe when they go even lower...

Mine came in today, included Far Cry 2 and Call of Duty: World at War as said. Got the 55nm version to boot. :)

Damn, didn't know about the games being included too. That probably would have been enough to get me to jump. Doesn't look like that is still available, although the deal for the card is still good.

well farcry is in the box, but I didnt know of cod either, didnt see it at least, when was that bigH ?

Google.com is your friend. Since you're incapable of doing a simple search of "GTX 260 length" that results in numerous responses of "10.5 inches" just in the description without clicking on any link, it's 10.5 inches.

@ZL1, you would have to have added COD5 as a combo item. Since you didn't, well that's why you don't have the game.

Damn, didn't know about the games being included too. That probably would have been enough to get me to jump. Doesn't look like that is still available, although the deal for the card is still good.

same here.... games would'a sealed the deal

Google.com is your friend. Since you're incapable of doing a simple search of "GTX 260 length" that results in numerous responses of "10.5 inches" just in the description without clicking on any link, it's 10.5 inches.

@ZL1, you would have to have added COD5 as a combo item. Since you didn't, well that's why you don't have the game.

I know that, but it wasnt and isnt listed as combo options in any way

well farcry is in the box, but I didnt know of cod either, didnt see it at least, when was that bigH ?

I should have said that I ordered it on the 7th. It stopped being a combo on Sunday or Monday, not sure which.

As to length, I had to remove the hard drive bay from my P182 to fit it. Not that it hit the bay itself, but those rails I never bothered to take out of it. So I just took the whole thing out.

Not sure if this is reliable, but someone at FatWallet stated that he called XFX on this deal and was told that newegg mistakenly said this is a core 216, but its not. So if any one else have info on this, please confirm.

tia

Big[H];1033837727 said:
I should have said that I ordered it on the 7th. It stopped being a combo on Sunday or Monday, not sure which.

As to length, I had to remove the hard drive bay from my P182 to fit it. Not that it hit the bay itself, but those rails I never bothered to take out of it. So I just took the whole thing out.

nice catch man, they prolly removed a few mins later :) newg does that a lot :(

Not sure if this is reliable, but someone at FatWallet stated that he called XFX on this deal and was told that newegg mistakenly said this is a core 216, but its not. So if any one else have info on this, please confirm.

tia

I doubt it, it looks like the new design, but lets hear from some happy new owners ;)

Already one person said he got a 55nm (did you get the old heatsink w/ backplate?)

I ordered one and got the 65nm version with backplate. Couldn't be happier. The new 55nm 260 is all cost savings to nvidia. This one compares well to my old MSI 55nm for overclockability. Much prefer the backplate and solid feel of this revision.

BTW, it has 216 sp's.

Bought when the price was $205 AR and came with COD:WaW, right before this new deal. Called up NE and they helped me out since the price dropped so dramatically. It took some doing tho.

Best part is that is has made NO NOISE while folding or benching. The 'squeal' is not present on this one. :D

Back